Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Architecture
covers TD's overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role
As part of the Corporate Systems team within Enterprise Architecture, we're looking for a Senior IT Managing Architect who will lead a team of technical architects focused on creating solutions for the Enterprise Risk, Finance, Audit and Strategic Sourcing portfolios both in Canada and the US that meet business needs and align with TD's technology and architecture strategies. This is a high visibility role working in a technically complex environment with a significant technology modernization focus. The role is responsible for coaching team members on knowledge, skills and performance, building and evolving the team's capabilities, and advising practitioners on their work to ensure solutions are sound. The role will also involve working with business, technology and architecture partners to propose, recommend and evolve technology target states and roadmaps.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Oversee and advise the design of solutions on high profile, complex technology projects with significant impact to the organization, playing an active role in the process of developing and integrating systems.
- Accountable for ensuring solutions created by team members are sound and complete across application, data, infrastructure, security and integration domains while meeting business needs and required performance and resiliency metrics.
- Perform leadership and team management related activities to ensure smooth development of project solutions, timely resolution of any identified risks, appropriate resource assignments, resource forecasting and project pipeline management.
- Partner with technology and business to develop technology roadmaps and associated plans.
- Influence solution direction and/or vendor product selections across cross-functional teams and fulfill an architecture governance role ensuring architecture recommendations are clear and consider best value for the enterprise.
- Apply knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk.
- Set objectives for team members, communicate progress regularly, grow team expertise to align with business and enterprise needs, assess team skills and capabilities and continually look for ways to provide and enhance the value delivered.
- Manage work intake and demand, coordinating resources as required; identify and source appropriate resources across all work streams, ensure all resources are used effectively.
- Foster an environment/culture that encourages productivity, innovation, process improvement, teamwork and a high level of professionalism.
- Keep current with emerging industry trends, new technologies and best practices that can contribute to delivering effective solutions in the Corporate portfolios.
- Contribute to the evolution of the architecture practice providing both leadership and guidance and taking initiative to optimize internal processes.
- Establish and foster a cohesive and collaborative team; promote a fair and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce and encourage the team to achieve common goals and objectives.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate (Graduate Degree preferred)
- 10+ years relevant experience in technology
- 5+ years of solution architecture experience designing and integrating complex enterprise platforms and vendor products
- 3+ years of People Management experience including identifying, building and/or developing teams and talent
- Proven knowledge architecting end to end solutions targeting multiple platforms in cloud (including lift and shift, cloud native and hybrid), distributed and mainframe environments
- Knowledge of and experience with modern technologies and concepts (Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Event Streaming, etc.)
- Self-starter with proven technical team leadership and technology vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to present architectural options to IT and business staff (including executives)
- Influencing skills and the ability to effectively champion Architecture strategy across a diverse audience
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills across business and technology stakeholders
- Excellent logical thinking skills, possessing the ability to prepare logically structured papers & assessments of options
- Understanding of architecture process, tools and techniques such as architecture governance
- Experience in financial services would be advantageous including knowledge of Enterprise Finance and Risk functions as well as relevant industry trends and regulatory outlook
- Knowledge of major vendors and products for Risk and Finance is an asset (e.g. Oracle ERP/EPM, OFSAA, SAP S/4 HANA, SAS, RiskTech and enterprise integrated risk solutions)
- Azure/Cloud Fundamentals Certification (must have), Azure/Cloud Architect (highly desirable)
- SAFe Agilist Certification (highly desirable)
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.