Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Build
covers a number of functional disciplines or practice areas. These technology professionals demonstrate incredible commitment through their participation in a combination of build-related functions or activities, such as:
- Application and implementation of platform design patterns and standards for infrastructure components across various platform domains;
- Delivery Management functions within the build mandate to co-ordinate and drive deployment- related activities;
- Structured focus on project delivery to implement deliverables for their respective and specialized areas of infrastructure build; and
- Specialized Services functions that provision contact center infrastructure and network-related infrastructure work for Real Estate and/or Branch environments, hardware assets etc.
There's room for you to grow in all of it.Job Description Unix/Linux Systems Admin/Engineer
will be responsible for successfully executing projects in the Unix/Linux build team, particularly Redhat 7/8 platform it includes new builds, RHEL or IBM Spectrum Scale HA clustering, life-cycle upgrades and refreshes in the DEV/SIT/PAT/PROD/DR environments. Interacting with Service Delivery and Platform Management to deliver projects according to agreed upon timelines and budgets, with outstanding and consistent quality. Ensuring proper documentation is maintained & adhered through the complete project life cycle. Primary Duties:
Requirements Desired Skills and Experience:
- Review requirements and update/create forms and engage other ITS teams as required. Schedule/represent changes to coordinate pre-build activities and fulfill all pre-server build requirements such as DCM, Networks, SAN, Core Activations, Security Engineering, Directory Services, Network Security etc.
- Build and configure servers and as per OS and Software stack Standards (OS - virtual or physical, software stack agents, user & group ID's, clustering, monitoring, etc.) and engaging other teams as required to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Build and configure servers as per standards for higher-level software components (e.g. MW, DB, clustering, monitoring, etc) and engaging other teams as required to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Technology Awareness: Private Cloud Computing, MS Azure, HP hardware, Cisco UCS servers, service profile, FI configuration, NSX VMWare, vRealize Application Services, vCenter, Stay with current technology offerings including a high-level familiarity with tools and build patterns and standards both technology specific and cross-platform (including cross-training over time) etc.
- Team Work: Participate in knowledge transfer and work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services to our Business Units
- Service: Support a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and ensure timely communication of issues to ensure objectives are met
- Time Management: Identify, estimate, and track deliverables required by all project work orders
- Perform build handover to QA Team, while supporting App deploy team for final handover to Production EITO teams.
- Serve as mentor to junior level Systems Engineers.
- Performs additional duties and special assignments as required and assigned.
- Prepare documentations and work for New Technical Imitative (NTI) solutions.
- Led the team of Linux SMEs and deliver the projects in scheduled timeline.
- Work on multiple projects and provide the technical support.
Additional Information Note
- At least 5-7 years of UNIX/Linux/Redhat, RAC, Stack, Clustering / Load Balancing / Virtualization, UNIX Systems Administration, troubleshooting and patching & Scripting, Networking, storage management.
- Demonstrated experience with major system upgrade/enhancements for UNIX systems
- Familiar with web services in a large UNIX environment.
- Experience with (SDM) change management, CMDB, (eTime) resource reporting & project management tools, etc.
- Provides effective technical documentation to clearly communicate procedures and developments to other IT personnel.
- Demonstrates customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Adheres to the Company's Ethics standards and Leadership Expectations.
- Provides senior level administrative support for UNIX/Redhat environment and associated technologies.
- Maintains a strong customer focus and can manage client expectations (ability to establish a high level of user trust and confidence for customer business needs).
- Works well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
- Can successfully work with customers (internal and external) to develop effective solutions to business problems.
- Can successfully implement new technology and business workflow processes.
- Has ability to train, mentor, and evaluate other members of the team.
- Has ability to work independently under general direction.
- Has ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, peers, application development teams, and external vendors.
: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.