Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.TD IT Architecture
covers TD's overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
As part of the Corporate Systems team within Enterprise Architecture, we're looking for a Senior IT Architect for our Corporate Regulatory and Risk portfolios (covering functions such as Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk) for both US and Canada. This is a high visibility independent contributor role with significant focus on architecture and technology strategy, collaboration across business, technology and architecture domains, and technical design guidance on project solutions ensuring alignment to defined target states and architecture standards. The role may also perform the function of lead senior solution architect on complex and highly strategic modernization initiatives in the Risk portfolios.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Lead design and development of an architecture target state to govern how solutions will be produced and implemented, including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles, patterns and standards.
- Review project blueprints and advise on best design solutions across application, integration, data, security and infrastructure.
- Identify cross-project and cross-domain opportunities to simplify, rationalize and optimize the technology portfolio, proactively raising synergy opportunities to architecture, business and technology leadership, helping influence short- and long-term investment plans.
- Research and analyze business requirements to recommend optimal architecture solutions.
- Act as lead architect on vendor evaluations and major strategic decisions ensuring fit to target state and overall technology and architecture strategies.
- Participate as a top technology and architecture expert and consultant and/or lead senior solution architect on the most high-risk and complex projects.
- Build consensus, facilitate collaboration and decision-making within and across business and technology units ensuring decisions align to technology and architecture strategies.
- Use knowledge of the Corporate Risk functions to create timely and informed technical guidance on projects, identify and recommend cross domain synergy opportunities and inform appropriate prioritization and roadmap efforts to target state.
- Apply industry and technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and minimize risk.
- Keep current with emerging industry trends, new technologies, emerging internal standards, and best practices that can contribute to delivering effective solutions in the Corporate portfolios.
- Build expert knowledge of core vendor products used in Risk, and keep current on vendor marketplace trends, roadmaps, and opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Architecture peers across architecture domains and mentor more junior architecture colleagues in Risk and other Corporate domains.
- Contribute to the evolution of the architecture practice providing both leadership and guidance and taking initiative to optimize internal processes.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Relevant experience with large Corporate Risk systems Architecture and Design
- Understanding of Credit, Market, Operational Risk business functions and capabilities
- Understanding of data architecture concepts
- Understanding of advanced analytics concepts
- 10+ years relevant technology experience
- 5+ years of solution architecture experience designing and integrating complex enterprise platforms and vendor products
- Ability to serve as the top technical individual expert who can impart knowledge of architecture related to specific business domains or broad range of architecture frameworks, technologies, tools, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of COTS applications for financial services, related programming languages, as well as industry and technology best practices
- Knowledge of and experience with modern technologies and concepts (Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Event Streaming, Data Warehousing etc.)
- Interest and proven ability to work autonomously as an architectural specialist on high profile, complex and high-risk technology projects with significant organizational impact
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical leadership, consulting and direction to large teams on all aspects of architecture, and to drive architecture thought leadership and outcomes even in ambiguous settings
- Foresight of architectural issues, risks and gaps and can identify emerging industry trends (i.e. future focused)
- Proactive thinking when it comes to providing recommendations on value-added architectural improvements and enhancements
- Self-starter with capacity to take on one or more areas of focus (e.g. enterprise, data, application and technology architecture domains)
- Experience in financial services would be advantageous including knowledge of Enterprise Risk, Governance and Regulatory Compliance functions as well as relevant industry trends and regulatory outlook
- Knowledge of major vendors and products for Risk and is an asset (e.g. OFSAA, SAS, RiskTech and enterprise integrated risk solutions)
- Influencing skills and the ability to effectively champion Architecture strategy across a diverse audience
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills across business and technology stakeholders
- Excellent logical thinking skills, possessing the ability to prepare logically structured papers & assessments of options
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to present architectural options to IT and business staff (including executives)
- Experience working in both agile and traditional/waterfall IT environments
- Azure/Cloud Fundamentals Certification (must have), Azure/Cloud Architect (highly desirable)
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.