Title: Senior iOS Developer, Digital Factory(12 Months Contract)
Requisition ID: 89773
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page. iOS Developer
Would you like to help us reinvent how people bank? At Scotiabank, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience. We're looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world.
This is a ONE YEAR CONTRACT position. About the role
Are you the right person for this role?
- You'll collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank's flagship mobile app
- A typical day includes: working with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, reviewing pull requests in Bitbucket, reviewing your work with a designer and product owner, resolving any issues our quality assurance testers may find, and communicating closely with the team on Slack throughout the day
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You're interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers
- You have the patience to work on a large-scale product as part of a big organization
- You're comfortable with new technologies
- You have a deep pride in your craft, with a focus on user-centred, inclusive design
- You enjoy thinking outside the box
- You're flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change
- You're accountable for and take ownership of your work
- You're eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment
- You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
- You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside people with different skillsets
What's in it for you?
- 5 or more years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
- Strong knowledge of UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
- Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps
- Deep knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback.
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
- Stays on top of reviewing others' code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
- Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
If you're interested in helping us shape the future of banking, click the "Apply now" button to submit your application. We are hiring for a variety of high impact technical roles (design/agile/full stack/DevOps). If you are curious but aren't sure this role is right for you please contact us anyway - we're moving fast and looking for hard-working and innovative individuals to take us to the next level.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Web Design, Outside Sales, Technology, Finance, Creative, Sales