Senior - Internal Audit (Risk)
Reference ID: TOR003A1
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Senior to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Our Risk team members help clients address compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk. Risk professionals assist clients with testing internal controls, developing internal audit plans, and providing audit services on a co-sourcing or outsourcing basis. They assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls utilizing the latest technology and leading practices.
Your key responsibilities
• Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Assess the effectiveness of our client's internal controls. Monitor progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong skills in project management and engagement closure
• Experience and interest in recruiting and professional development
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field and 2-5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
• A minimum of 1 year of related audit or applicable business experience, and / or 1+ years of public accounting experience preferred
• Ability to perform and interpret gap analysis
• Understanding of control rationalization, optimization, effectiveness and efficiency
• Successful candidates must be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
Ideally, you'll also have
• CPA, CA CIA, CISA and CMA certification desired. Non-certified hires are required to become certified to be eligible for promotion to Manager
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: March 17, 2019
Closes: May 16, 2019