Senior/Intermediate Software Development Engineer (CARD2466)
Reference ID: %7B8ECAF4A0-AFB0-4AF4-A2BD-EB9C380E8CB3%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Software Development Engineer 3
Fortinet has an exciting opportunity for a senior web development engineer / team lead to enhance the end user experience of our FortiMail, FortiVoiceEnterprise and FortiRecorder product lines. As a senior engineer / team lead, you are responsible for streamlining the administration work flow, implementing rich user interface and enhancing the overall end user experience with our products. While you dedicate yourself to building modern web applications, you are also experienced in mentoring new developers and growing a small team of great people.
* Drive user experience improvements
* Collaborate with other teams to integrate product functionality
* Optimize and automate development processes
Job Skills Required:
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Experienced C/C++ programmer
* Solid background in TCP/IP networking and multi-threaded programming
* Experience of script programming, such as perl, python, java script, and PHP, a bonus
* Experience with email related protocols, such as SMTP, POP3 and IMAP, an asset
* Experience of big data process -- Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Map Reduce, an asset
Educational Requirements: A university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Posted: November 19, 2018
Closes: January 18, 2019