Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Underwriting Department performs the mortality and morbidity risk assessment of insurance applications for Life Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance which is distributed through outbound calls and internet direct sales.
The department's goal is to ensure that Underwriting practices and decisions meet the mortality and morbidity claims experience for the specific product lines. There is also a large focus on the Customer Experience.
The department handles high volumes in a rapidly paced environment.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years medical underwriting and insurance experience or a degree/diploma in health sciences. The successful candidate is to be working towards a LOMA or ALU designation or the completion of courses and will demonstrate professional development by attending industry meetings. Job Description
- Appropriate medical underwriting assessment and decisions for each risk according to the limits of the plan and underwriting philosophy meeting business guidelines and service standards.
- Gathering insurance risk information by written supplementary health questionnaires or phone conversations with customers
- Provide support to the claims department and handling claim referrals
- Provide a superior customer experience service on all activities:
- Communicate underwriting decisions and detailed explanations of adverse handlings promptly and accurately to clients and, where required to attending physicians.
- Ensure applications are underwritten and processed according to TD's underwriting guidelines as well as the terms of the third party agreements
- Provide first level problem and complaint resolution
- Process underwriter referrals, create training sessions on medical topics and participate in projects
- LOMA Life Underwriting 386
- LOMA Associate Customer Service
- LOMA courses and/or designations
- Degree/Diploma in the Health Sciences and/or 5 years medical underwriting experience.
- Academy of Life Underwriting (ALU) Industry related courses and/or accreditations.
Other Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years medical underwriting and insurance experience or a degree/diploma in health sciences.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding Customer Skills.
- Actively working on either LOMA or ALU course or designation.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- French Language is an Asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.