Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a...Senior Innovation Lead in our Media Innovation Lab at Rogers Sports & Media!
Experimentation is at the heart of innovation and is essential to the creation of new ideas, concepts, and products. At Rogers Sports & Media, we want to advance the state-of-the-art in content consumption and create truly personalized experiences to delight our customers. To help service that mandate, we have launched a Media Innovation Lab and are looking for a Senior Innovation Lead to contribute to this dynamic team.
As the Senior Innovation Lead, you will be a change agent working closely with the Senior Manager to define the overall innovation process and influence a new culture of experimentation across RSM. Using design thinking principals, product expertise and data-driven decision-making, this role will contribute to the ideation process and coordinate ongoing experimentation to promote successful ideas and products into the business. This role will have a high degree of collaboration with internal and external partners to amplify our capabilities.
The Media Innovation Lab will emulate a start-up culture where team-members will perform a diverse set of tasks to ensure our success-an amazing opportunity for someone who thrives on a challenge and is happiest when disrupting the status quo. What you will do:
What you have:
- Define a framework to assess priority, timing and feasibility of incoming ideas-the gathering of data and factual evidence will be central to this process, ensuring objective rigour is applied
- Participate in and facilitate design thinking sessions
- Develop a briefing process to move from the ideation stage to prototype development
- Contribute to UI/UX design for prototypes and proofs of concept as needed
- Perform Scrum Master duties to define sprints, prioritize development related tasks and track progress
- Build presentations to pitch prototypes and proofs of concept to stakeholders
- Execute on the communication strategy to promote the Innovation Lab's successes (and failures)
- Identify and implement tools and resources needed to support day-to-day operations
- Coordinate with internal and external partners in collaboration with the Partnerships group to help identify valuable opportunities and ensure continued progress of active workstreams
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Expertise in product management and agile development methodology
- Experience leading ideation sessions using design thinking principals
- Understanding of UX/UI principals
- Strong understanding of digital strategy, design, and development, including product design
- Highly collaborative and capable of forming trusted relationships with internal and external partners
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity for storytelling to promote the Media Innovation Lab and foster a culture of experimentation
- Understanding and experience in data analytics and data-driven decision making
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
- Not from the city? No problem! Rogers invites candidates to apply no matter where you are located as you will be working remotely. (Include for all roles that are not required to be in a specific geographic location)
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
Day Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & Production Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Media Job Segment:
Network, Product Manager, Telecom, Telecommunications, Senior Product Manager, Technology, Operations
Find similar jobs: