Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Department Overview:
The AMCB Assisted Channels Services (AACS) team supports retail stores within US Banking which include servicing and mid tier for shopping, buying and servicing. Our team works closely with multiple technology groups and Retail Banking LOBs (Real Estate Secured Lending, Personal & Indirect Lending) to develop, implement and support the AMCB Retail Bank's applications.
The AACS is a key construct within the Customer Platforms and Enterprise Technology organization to improve competitive advantage and market leadership. It is an investment in the people, processes, and technology to execute strategic technology delivery in an industrialized, cost effective, and high-quality manner. Job Description Job Description/Accountabilities:
The AACS group is seeking an experienced Full Stack Senior IT Developer
to join our Portfolio team, providing Technical Design, Development, Process Improvements and training/mentoring as necessary for multiple platforms within AACS. The primary accountabilities for this position are:
Requirements Other Qualifications/Skills/Experience:
- Continuously evolve design processes, including experimentation and learning with emerging methodologies
- Produce all required design specifications (as per TD standards), work with the Application Owner, Development Manager, Solution Architect and Project Managers to create detailed technical task lists, provide technical guidance to the project team, and enforce TD project standards and best practices
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrated ability to take independent action to achieve results.
- Conduct program/ system research, analysis, detailed design and problem resolution
- Define development specifications and identify system modifications required to meet performance objectives
- Ensure design has traceability to business requirements
- Advise and provide expert knowledge on the technical feasibility of the proposed deliverables
- Identify and address application and data issues and cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect application integrity.
- Work with Developers to ensure that the detailed technical design is fully understood, and the development initiatives are in line with the intended design
- In conjunction with the Solution Architect, assist the Application Owner, Development Manager and Application Manager by providing effort estimates for new projects and initiatives
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency/ effectiveness and minimize/prevent problems/ issues
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to development and quality standards
- Ensure defect free programming by testing and debugging using available/appropriate tools and participate in reviewing peer coding
- Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Ensure the timely completion of work volumes on a daily basis and suggest opportunities to improve efficiency within the department
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team
- Comply with agile methodology, system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC)
- Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS) with Business Analysts.
Additional Information Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
- 5+ years' Experience in Angular or React, Java/J2EE, NodeJS, RESTful APIs/webservices and Databases such as Oracle/SQL Server/Mongo
- Creative problem solver, Ability to understand, develop, enhance, and support highly customized
- Maintaining high security standards, Monitoring and debugging
- Familiarity with tools like Bitbucket/Git, Eclipse, RAD, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented and complex environment/systems
- Build personas, storyboards, flowcharts, wireframes and prototypes
- Work closely with other designers, architectures, and engineers to ship extraordinary products and experiences
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- The chosen candidate will work in a high paced team on a high visibility project. He/she will be expected to work in an agile environment and be able to consistently deliver quality work
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Develop software that is both reliable and scalable as the eventual user base will be the entire bank
- In depth understanding of full application stacks and the ability to work in any layer (client/server/business/database)
- Effective time and task management skills, including the ability to manage concurrent deliverables
- Ability to code, debug, research, analyze and problem-solve development issues
- Knowledge of business/ organization, Bank standards, infrastructure, architecture and technology in related areas from a design/ support/ solutions perspective
- Strong customer orientation and a professional approach with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues in a team structure
- Self-motivated team player with high energy and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- A positive can-do attitude with openness to promoting knowledge sharing.
University/ college degree or equivalent work experience. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.