Requisition ID: 153427
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Foundations Officer working in the National Foundations office, you are a trusted and experienced relationship manager responsible for supporting the company's strategy and revenue goals by profitably delivering a best-in-class client experience resulting in high quality solutions to the clientele of Scotia Wealth Management, in accordance with your clients' needs and expectations and in compliance with policies and procedures.
You are client-centric and entrepreneurial, with a strong sense of proactivity and effective at building and maintaining deep relationships with clients as well as internal and external partners. You are a proven, highly-skilled professional with expertise in Estate and Trust administration, Philanthropic Advisory Services and have a high knowledge of charitable foundation administration which falls within the scope of our wealth management services. You may be required to act as a director/officer of privately held companies that are charitably registered with Canada Revenue Agency. You will have carriage of registered charity accounts from across Canada, so a base knowledge of common-law and civil-law jurisdictions is required.
Through an intimate understanding of clients' goals, needs and circumstances, you are responsible for engaging Scotiabank and Scotia Wealth Management's team of experts as needed, to deliver on total wealth strategies.
. Key Job Accountabilities Relationship Management & Client Service
- Fulfill the role of lead relationship manager, responsible for oversight of a book of charitable foundation accounts and related relationships, acting as the central point of contact for all client, partner and COI needs.
- Provide a best in class, proactive and personalized client experience to high net worth clients and charitable beneficiaries, exemplified by timely and accurate account administration coupled with demonstrated technical expertise, personal integrity and an ability to respond to stated and unstated client needs and concerns.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships, with a view to providing seamless, impactful solutions across a variety of financial services disciplines.
New Business Development
- Responsible for revenue collection and contributing to the branch's profitability by accurately forecasting and overseeing the timely collection of fees, including making recommendations regarding situations that may warrant a non-standard fee agreement.
- Work closely with Estate and Trust Consultants, Scotia Wealth Management partners, external COIs, and their clients to assist with the closing and ongoing servicing of new wealth transition solutions.
- Identify, pursue and close new business opportunities, originating both inside and outside Scotia Wealth Management.
- Limit corporate risk exposure by ensuring that account administration is carried out proactively and in compliance with defined policies/procedures and audit standards, including the timely escalation of issues to the appropriate internal oversight groups as required.
- Maintain expert knowledge of legislative, administrative and economic issues that impact the management of your accounts and demonstrate an ability to communicate on a broad range of legal and financial issues with clients and their advisors, with particular proficiency in estates, trusts and charitable administration as well as investment and taxation matters.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Reporting Relationships Primary Manager:
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
• Market Lead Direct Reports:
• Foundation Associates Skills Experience and Functional Competencies: Entrepreneurial and capable of consistently delivering a proactive best in class client experience. Effective at building and maintaining deep relationships and partnerships. Proven ability to manage competing priorities without losing focus on key accountabilities Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and negotiation skills and professionalism. Deep understanding of the wealth management landscape and a demonstrated ability to work in an environment that demands tact, objectivity and sensitivity. Strong change management skills and ability to adopt technology and reporting platform changes to support operational improvements, sales management process improvements, etc.. Proven ability to execute against financial and business development targets and profitability measures. Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role) Professional and/or industry accreditation, in addition to a post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate. Minimum of 5-7 years of directly-related industry experience. Proven success in high net worth client relationship management. Membership or commitment to participate in CSI and/or STEP. Working Conditions
- Hybrid work format - includes both the requirement to work in office (standard office-based environment requiring normal sensory attention) from time to time and the ability to work remotely from home office when appropriate. Frequency of days spent in-office and days spent working from home will be determined via discussion with the Market Lead and may be subject to change from time-to-time. Occasional travel may be required, usually within the GTA. The incumbent may be required to attend external client meetings outside of normal business hours. The incumbent may be required to work extended hours from time to time, as needs dictate.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Risk Management, Compliance, Investment Banking, Outside Sales, Banking, Finance, Legal, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive