Senior Financial Analyst
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let's make your possible.
Reporting to the Manager, External Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst, External Reporting plays an important role in driving key stakeholder information within and outside of Rogers. The ideal candidate will help drive corporate accounting policy in addition to external financial reporting.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare complex technical accounting memos for accounting issues in accordance with IFRS.
- Research new accounting pronouncements and standards under IFRS and analyze their impact on Rogers.
- Research new securities pronouncements from the Canadian and US securities regulators and analyze their impact on Rogers.
- Stay up-to-date on Rogers' accounting policies and any applicable changes in IFRS accounting guidance.
- Mentorship of one CPA student.
Quarterly and Annual Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual MD&A, Financial Statements, AIF, and other externally released financial information (e.g. investor decks, call scripts, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation and review of other annual external reports, including the Management Information Circular and the Corporate Social Responsibility report.
- Author discussion commentary and other content in the quarterly and annual MD&A.
- Solicit and implement feedback for the MD&A from other business groups to ensure all required information is disclosed.
- Prepare and review the MD&A and financial statement digital support binder.
- Maintain external reporting software data and document integrity.
- Respond to external auditor questions related to the above items prepared.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint decks for Audit and Risk Committee meetings.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Assist in peer/industry benchmarking.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- CPA with at least 3 years of experience in an accounting environment, preferring candidates with exposure to financial statements and/or MD&A.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills. Ability to prepare clear and concise written memos and reports.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other MS Office applications.
- Experience with ERP systems, such as Oracle, is considered an asset.
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk is considered an asset.
- Exceptional organization skills. Ability to independently manage and organize multiple work activities and inputs in order to meet or exceed established deadlines and priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical skills in IFRS.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to communicate with peers and management, as the role is dependent on information provided by other groups.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Driven, customer-focused, and result-oriented individual.
- Ability to drive change to enhance processes and improve deliverables.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 272555
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Financial Analyst, ERP, CSR, Accounting, CPA, Finance, Technology, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance Software and Programming