Requisition ID: 105244
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This role is responsible for overseeing reporting, processes, controls and financial analysis ensuring that activities are completed accurately and in a timely manner. These activities may include detailed review & documentation of process workflows, interaction with Management across various business lines, development and implementation of new processes and policies to improve efficiencies and enhance controls. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports, tracking actual results against plan and forecast
- Monthly tracking of project spend; Scotia digital initiatives and SIP
- Support monthly Worker Allocation process and upload of monthly financials into Smart stream
- Participate in month end quarter and quarter end close by preparing journal entries
- Support quarterly forecasting activities and preparation of Annual Plans for the Scotia Digital
- Reviewing the actual costs booked in the GL using Smart-stream application;
- Preparing monthly expense reports and smartstream reconciliations
- Expense analysis by vendor spend, expense categories; cluster and initiative trends and provide insightful analysis for expense management
- Investigate monthly expense variances
- Ad-hoc reports and any other duties as maybe assigned
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new accounting and financial processes for the Finance/Operations department by:
- Identifying and initiating ongoing modifications to processes that can be streamlined;
- Study and recommend opportunities for cost controls and savings within the Digital Factory
- Recommend and implement changes that would contribute towards streamlining current accounting processes and creating greater consistency and efficiencies;
- Working with other departments (e.g. Central Accounting Unit (CAU), IT&S Finance, Executive Office Finance, Canadian Banking Finance, etc.) to develop and enhance procedures;
- Assisting with implementation; communicating/ explaining new procedures/policies;
- Takes the opportunity to champion specific projects
What's in it for you?
- 3-5 years of post-university work experience, including 2+ years Financial Services
- Accounting designation (CPA/CMA/CGA) an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Bank's accounting systems is an asset
- Experience in developing/compiling management reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor as required
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Is adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, great attention to detail, and highly motivated individual with good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the development of the streamlined accounting processes
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Financial, Medical, Financial Analyst, Bank, Banking, Finance, Healthcare
Banking, Finance and Insurance