At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The world of global tax compliance, audit and advisory services for large multi-nationals is rapidly changing and heavily dependent on technology. Our goal at KPMG is to seize the opportunity and take market share from our competitors. KDN is the manifestation of our vision for a global delivery strategy made up of several delivery centres (DCs) that support the needs of global KPMG solutions.
KDN is a KPMG special purpose member firm offering a way for clients to leverage KPMG top talent and technology platforms through regional teams of specialists, enabling economies of scale and a new way of working that expands beyond local capability.
Together with KDN, KPMG member firms can drive the sales and delivery of global solutions at a competitive price and in a repeatable and consistent manner.
As a member of KDN you'll be a part of the KPMG family working alongside some of our profession's most skilled practitioners on rewarding programs and initiatives that are changing the way business operates, delivering value to our clients, and driving positive change in the communities we serve.
You'll be enabling KDN accelerate new ways of working, using cutting edge technology and working together with our member firms located in nearly 150 countries to help us achieve our ambition to be the most trusted and trustworthy professional services firm.
And through your work, you'll build a global network and unlock opportunities that you may not have thought possible with access to great support, vast resources, and an inclusive, supportive environment to help you reach your full potential. #LI-Hybrid What you will do
Financial Reporting and Operations
- Assist with monitoring of WIP valuation, billing and collections process in compliance with AR collection and escalation policy
- Coordinate and assist with preparation of financial reporting and analysis for engagement managers and partners and the management of KDN Audit on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis of KDN Audit entities.
- Support the annual audit of KDN Audit activities related to financial reporting and internal controls
- Complete ownership of month-end process & reporting, including all reconciliations. Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules
- Monitor and track transactions as required for assigned areas, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Collaborate with finance and accounting service provider providing input for KDN Audit into the corporate reporting of the KDN Group, along with the input into the Quarterly Business Review process of KDN
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of new policies, procedures or special projects in KDN Finance
- Contribute to KDN Audit EMS/PMS development and enhancement
- Provide support to the Head of Finance on ad hoc project and analytical tasks
- Work with the Head of Finance on annual budget process assisting with analysis of headcount, costs and time allocations, and other elements for KDN Audit entities
- Provide support in annual budget and forecast to engagement managers and partners and the management as required
- Analyze of financial and operational results of business units, highlighting exceptions and escalating them as appropriate. Create executive summaries and dashboards for the Product/Business Unit Leads and the Head of Finance to understand the key operational drivers and identify areas for focus.
- Prepare and develop new reports for the analysis of costs, revenue and time postings or other measures specific to the Product/Business Unit
KDN Audit technology tools and solutions
What you bring to the role
- Contribute to KDN Audit EMS/PMS development and enhancement
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancement and optimization of KDN Finance processes and systems
Experience and Knowledge
- Professional Accounting Designation and a degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration
- 5 years of Accounting experience in a similar role in a similar sized organization
- At least 2 years of experience using Excel in a business environment on advance level managing large volumes of data and creating financial reports and ad hoc analyses in Excel
Technical Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
Keys to your success:
- The ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial or business reports and projections
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to compile and analyse large volumes of data in an efficient manner
- Ability to work with remote, geographically diverse teams on a daily basis
- Ability to use own initiative to identify practical solutions to resolve issues that arise
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills - the candidate should be able to quickly establish strong relationships with stakeholder individuals and groups at all levels across KDN Audit
- Proven communication and relationship building skills with the ability to present financial and non-financial information in a clear and effective manner
- A "self-starter" - ability to work independently on a daily basis with minimum supervision
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Banking, Finance and Insurance