55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Supports an assigned senior leader (MD and above) in executing strategic priorities for the business/group. Gathers and integrates information to promote the effective and profitable operation of the business/group and enhances the Bank's profile in the marketplace. Works with stakeholders to interpret financial and business results, understands the operating environment & emerging trends and provides planning, support and recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and tracks achievement of objectives. Supports the effective management of risk, including operational and compliance risk and management of the attestation/reporting process specific to the business. Provides strategic counsel on community/industry events and directs and coordinates the logistics of these events. Supports the development of effective, consistent communications for the business/group senior leader and for the leadership team.
We're here to help
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Provides input into the planning & implementation of operational programs.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Conducts independent review, analysis, and resolution of strategic issues.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for service / customer complaint escalations managing the process and communication and following up to ensure customer satisfaction and optimizing overall customer experience.
- Ensures the effective planning and control of unit operating expenses in accordance with business forecasts to ensure spending is maintained within budget.
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs. budget.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Administrative Management and Executive