WSP is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer
to join our Buildings Business Unit, located at our Thornhill office (100 Commerce Valley Drive).
Reporting to the Manager of the Healthcare Sector in the Mechanical and Electrical Business Line, this is an exciting career opportunity for the right individual with the skills as senior technical personnel.
WSP's Buildings' team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, hospitality, environmental infrastructure, recreational and light industrial facilities. This position is focused on healthcare related projects, however, will be exposed to other sectors of the M&E business as required.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish with project management tasks
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while mentoring and working with junior members of the design team.
- Will work in Canadian hospital environments and must have experience in working in Canadian Hospital and healthcare facilities.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the output of the design meets the established project criteria and all applicable standards and will act as the design manger for multiple projects.
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as mandated by clients and the Electrical Engineering Manager. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities and requires a high level of responsibility
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates, lighting design is an asset.
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building construction
- Utilize industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Manage all aspects associated with contract administration and client services monitoring
- When necessary, become involved with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalency.
- 5-10 years of experience in consulting electrical design engineering for buildings, experience in the Canadian healthcare sector is a strong asset (e.g. Hospitals, Long-term care facilities, Mental health facilities),
- Professional membership or eligibility for membership with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets.
- Experience in electrical design practices for healthcare facilities would be considered an asset.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, electrical design software, and experience with AutoCAD drafting are required. Proficiency with Revit is considered an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.