Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role
Today's digital economy is driving cybercriminals and fraudsters to develop new and more sophisticated fraud techniques daily, posing a significant threat to TD and our customers. The sands in this landscape are ever shifting and we need a solid forward-looking technologist to lead our Fraud Data and Analytics Technology transformation in Fraud TS. We're looking for an individual with a solid technology engineering background and experience in architecting/designing complex modern technology solutions in Data and Analytics domain.
The Senior Design Specialist, Fraud Data and Analytics Technology is an experienced Data and Analytics Design lead with the passion and vision to deliver modern strategic technology solutions in the Fraud Data and Analytics portfolio supporting the Enterprise Fraud strategy and operations across North America.
In this role, you are a passionate hands-on technologist following modern technology trends, experimenting with new modern tech and applying this knowledge in real world. You have an opportunity to lead and design innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions.
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Deliver modern quality data architectures and designs, executing on strategic transformation roadmap to enable modern Data and Analytics capabilities related to Fraud for TD;
- Provide oversight and lead developer activities towards the ultimate End to End solution design and future state architecture
- Accountable for the end to end strategic technology blueprint, architecture and solution direction for Fraud Data and Analytics technology as part of the larger Fraud strategic roadmap;
- Define Data and Analytics design patterns and standard best practices and ensure successful adoption in the development community
- Communicate and collaborate on design reviews and issues
- Ensure a full understanding of business requirements and deliver solution designs meeting business priorities;
- Accountable for alignment of Fraud Data and Analytics technology solutions with TD technology strategies, and Fraud, Payments, and Channels business strategies. (Target Operating Model Architecture end state), inclusive of alignment to TD's Data as a Service practices;
- Ensure ongoing focus on reusability, scalability, stability, operational excellence and alignment to enterprise-wide solutions, to maximize returns on Fraud Data and Analytics applications/systems suite;
- Ensure new Fraud Data and Analytics capabilities required by Fraud, Payments and Channels are supported by appropriate technology service delivery departments;
- Manage overall design for Fraud Data and Analytics Application Portfolio
- Grow The expertise of your engineering team to align with demand and technology direction; assess team skills and capabilities and continually look for ways to provide and enhance the value delivered;
- Foster a culture that encourages productivity, innovation, process improvement, teamwork and a high level of professionalism;
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in technology engineering, application architecture, designer roles
- Proven expert level technical expertise in modern Data/BigData, Data Management and Analytics technology solutions
- Expert knowledge in design patterns
- Technical skills in one or more of the following areas are a must: Event-driven Architecture, API, Cloud Engineering, DevOps/DevSecOps, Low-latency messaging;
- Knowledge of Fraud and/or AML environments are definite assets;
- Understanding of strategic direction and a deep knowledge of TD technology environment and standards (or equivalent large-scale technology environment);
- Proven track record of building complex solution architectures and designs and leading/overseeing developers and engineers development practices and code
- Promote collaborative culture with a sense of ownership, accountability and transparency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Strong people and time management and organizational skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal to communicate complex issues in easily understandable terms;
- Self-starter with a high initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- A willingness to speak up and offer a differing opinion when your gut tells you an idea is wrong - but also have the forethought to be part of the solution by recommending an alternate option; and
- Apply good judgment by understanding which issues to escalate, what to resolve independently, and provide suggestions for possible resolution.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business;
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others;
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals;
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners;
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency; and
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.