Requisition ID: 154250
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be joining the Constellation team that is reimaging the way customer onboarding is done. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- You will gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- You will create and maintain software documentation
- You will be creating a desktop and mobile experience for Scotiabank customers
What's in it for you?
- You have experience with REST API design
- You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications
- You have worked on productionizing NodeJS servers
- You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
- You have a deep knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, CSS3 Animations, Semantic HTML).
- You have experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
- You've used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor)
- You've built accessible and internationalized web applications before (JAWS, Voiceover, Transifex).
- You stay up to date with industry best practice
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center*
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Web Design, Software Engineer, Programmer, Technical Support, Technology, Creative, Engineering
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology