Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There's room to grow in all of it. Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone to oversee, guide and influence others as one of TD's top Application & Systems Development experts. You will lead the future direction of development and design patterns to be used across multiple and complex systems, applications and businesses and for emerging technology projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Advance development and design practices, set development/design standards at the business or enterprise level.
- Proudly accountable for the most complex applications and systems development programming/coding.
- Share deep subject matter expertise and define future direction in one or more technical area or lead strategic development efforts on new or emerging technology projects for the business.
- Champion technical thought leadership and coach others, guide senior management on large complex, transformational or cross-business strategic initiatives, sit on task forces.
- Direct and oversee multiple development teams working on different products, applications, and/or platforms to ensure design consistency and inter-operability.
- Develop, document, communicate and execute a comprehensive strategy on policies, solutions and processes related to technology standards.
- Maintain knowledge proficiency in system development methodologies, key business initiatives and issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Proven experience providing technical guidance, direction or expertise to others as a Senior Specialist or top technical lead on significant and complex development and design issues that may impact transformational technology or cross-business strategic initiatives.
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of the business supported and TD as a whole with deep expertise and specialized knowledge of technology concepts, technical environment, direction and related technology and tools.
- Readiness to assume an influential role to help set bank standards on infrastructure, architecture and various other areas of technology from a design, support, and solutions perspective.
- Ability to work in close partnership with technology leads in Architecture, Infrastructure, Information Security and/or third-party, external vendor leadership teams in assessing development and solutions designs to meet TD's transformational or strategic needs.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.