Requisition ID: 113410
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Delivery Lead, you will act as an Agile Scrum Master and Project Manager. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively. You will identify, escalate and remove release and team impediments. As a Delivery Lead, you will also manage the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Manage complex projects with stakeholders that span multiple cross-functional teams.
- Manage project schedule and budget.
- Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions.
- Ensure Agile methodology is effectively executed.
- Mitigate risks and make sure the team is unblock and can effectively complete their work.
- Help guide projects through the Scotiabank development management processes.
- Provide stakeholder and executive communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and relationship building.
- Provide regular, standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
- Work with the team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
- Regularly communicate with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identify and track dependencies between teams.
- Identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve, and escalate to Leadership Team for support when necessary.
- Ensure team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines.
- Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project
- Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operation Readiness) with associated teams (Ex. Release Engineering, Security, etc.)
- Analyze and breakdown projects into smaller components for estimation
What's in it for you?
- 5 years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies. Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI PMP).
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Demonstrates proactivity and accountability.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Developer, Healthcare, Engineering, Finance, Technology