4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, analyze large amounts of raw data to find patterns for improvement, build data products to extract valuable business insights and recommend solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Role involve highly analytical work with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data as well as a passion for machine-learning and research.
The goal will be to help the company analyze trends to make better decisions that map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Manages complexity across business value, technology, and interaction models
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of various complexities
- Develops innovative approaches to resolve problems and significant issues
- Identifies valuable data sources - structured and unstructured - and automate collection
- Develops systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of complex data sets including trend interpretations, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, machine learning and other patterns of analysis
- Enabling groups to successfully accept changes by informing stakeholders of their implications and recommending actions as appropriate
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior leaders as well as end user documentation
- Contributes to the development of business cases to support ROI and ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated including risk identification
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity
- Cross-training and coaching of team members on analytics and reporting work done
- Actively researches and applies new techniques for insights, analytics and data visualizations
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Works independently as well as in a team and regularly handles non-routine situations
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
We're here to help
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist andData Analyst
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and data driven decision making abilities
- Possesses in-depth analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of multiple analysis and problem decomposition techniques
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. ServiceNow PA, Power BI, Spotfire) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) is an asset
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
- Demonstrates a high level of collaboration & team skills
- In depth influence skills
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.