Requisition ID: 152650
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose:
The CIDA team at Scotiabank is at the forefront of the journey to transform the Bank into a data centric organization through impactful customer insights, innovative analytics, and well governed data. One of the main areas of transformation is the way data is produced, consumed, and managed at an enterprise level to drive business value. The aim is to provide a truly productized offering of re-usable data that can be delivered iteratively through a streamlined process and framework in order to meet the velocity that will allow data consumers to focus on delivering business value. We are looking to build our delivery team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
As part of the Data Enablement & Architecture team within the Data Office, the candidate will identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage data effectively. They will take a leading role in project-based initiatives to drive innovation and data transformation throughout the Bank with a focus on both business growth and sustainable data. The Senior Solutions Lead role requires strong data skills on Cloud and Big Data environments as well as a drive for innovation, flexibility, collaboration, and effective teamwork.
We are looking for someone who will work closely with other software engineers, data engineers, data architects, technology leads, analytics teams, infrastructure teams and other development/engineering teams in the bank to design and develop the technical solutions for enterprise data capabilities. Key Accountabilities:
• Design Solution Patterns for data management on both on-Prem and Cloud environments.
• Work closely with Data Office teams to design integration solutions for data products
• Provide consulting to business units on developing conceptual, logical and physical data models
• Provide consulting to business units on developing the data solutions.
• Participate in Architecture Governance forums and contribute to solution design libraries
• Work with business units communicate/educate and maintain adherence to data design standards and best practices
• Participate in evolution of data platform, analytical and data management tools and roadmap
• Collaborate with Business, IT and external stakeholders to identify and implement new technology solutions, tools and platform selection process through POCs and project deliveries.Functional Competencies:
• Strong Design and hands-on experience building data management solutions
• Solid understanding of design integration and application development using REST API's, Microservices and Streaming technologies
• Experience building data solution patterns/design for the enterprise
• Strong understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data models
• Hands-on experience with big data ecosystems such as Hortonworks, Cloudera, Google Cloud, Azure and NoSQL
• Tools skills/experience: Data modeling or architecture software (e.g. ERWin), BI visualization software (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau), Data catalog software (e.g. Collibra), and Industry Data Models (e.g. Financial Services Data Model - FSDM) , Full-text Search (e.g. Elasticsearch), REST API,SOAP,Microservices and Streaming Technologies
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, consistent with a customer focus and a deep understanding of the content and of business needs.
• Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management
• Subject area experience with anti-money laundering compliance, RDARR, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and regulatory compliance is an asset
• Experience in data project implementation lifecycles
• Ability to understand and suggest solutions to data design on an enterprise level
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Ability to be an effective influencer on technology direction / an effective evangelist.
• Helps recruit + groom technology leaders and future leaders.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Data Architect, Database, Investment Banking, Banking, Engineering, Data, Technology, Finance
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology