100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
The Senior Data Architect within DnA's CTO, will organize, lead and develop data capability and platforms centered on building a digitally enabled, future-ready bank with leading efficiency, profitability and loyalty - all powered by a winning culture.
In this role you will propel BMO's Digital First strategy forward by providing business and technology the information management leadership necessary for solutions to realize a Future Ready data and analytics ecosystem. You will Drive Data Architecture Maturity towards:
- Institutionalized ability to effect major transformative events and acquisitions.
- Broad adoption of a formal information management design framework, and corresponding data and data security management tooling and practices.
Within the DnA Technology & Operations (T&O) team, you will collaborate across business partners to develop strategic data initiatives, internally to develop data management practices and mature data science (ML/AI) competency, and throughout the T&O organization, especially engineering and enterprise architecture practices, towards cloud-first innovation and delivery of data and analytics capability and environments.
We're here to help
- Business, data & technology solutions architecture
- Large scale integration, data migration and implementation solution's architecture
- Enterprise data & analytics cloud platform design & engineering
- Enterprise cloud transformation
- Enterprise data security management
- Business and technology management/client relationship management
- Provides expert guidance to projects to ensure that their processes and deliverables align with the BMO target state architecture.
- Provides expertise to the definition, implementation and execution of the internal independent architecture validation framework.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Defines & develops enterprise data architecture concepts and standards leveraging leading architecture practices and advanced data technologies.
- Develops governance processes around data leveraging the Enterprise Data Architecture framework.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned Group/Functions on implementation of solutions.
- Provides input to project teams to ensure that their processes and deliverables align with the BMO target state architecture.
- Challenges the architecture validation process and other relevant enterprise data governance areas.
- Identifies data architecture opportunities for a broad, diverse, and complex set of business functions and processes.
- Recommends capitalization of technology opportunities.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal stakeholders in Enterprise, Technology and business groups in order to ensure adherence to Data Architecture standards.
- Researches/monitors industry activities to keep abreast of relevant data technologies.
- Recommends technology direction about the feasibility and applicability of such technologies within the environment.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7 - 15 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) with concentration in computer science, engineering, information systems, information technology or other related majors such as business & administration.
- Possesses knowledge in financial industry business knowledge as well as knowledge of major data consumption use cases in financial services.
- Exhibits knowledge of data architecture concepts and practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of major regulatory frameworks related to risk data aggregation (e.g. BCBS239).
- Demonstrates knowledge of architecture frameworks, methodologies, and tools. (e.g., possesses The Open Group Architecture Framework [TOGAF] accreditation).
- Possesses strong knowledge of Data Architecture Maturity Evaluation concepts and metrics (e.g., ACMM).
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrates solid consulting and client management skills.
- Is energetic, personable, and achievement- and outcome-oriented.
- Exhibits relationship management and managerial leadership abilities.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.