DESCRIPTION Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have Data Lake experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of computing?
At Amazon Web Services (), we're hiring highly technical computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements involve emerging technologies like AI, IoT, and Data Analytics. This role will specifically focus on Data and Analytics capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
At , we are hiring the best Data / Analytics computing consultants, who can help our clients and partners derive business value from Data in the . Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Machine Learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, Data and Business intelligence. This role will specifically focus on Data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use services such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB , Relational Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift.
• Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of services to support new computing solutions that often span private and public services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using services.
• Insights - Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
• Push the envelope - computing is reducing the historical "IT constraint" on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Data / Business Intelligence computing.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services () provides a highly reliable, , low-cost infrastructure platform in the that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed (up to 30%).
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
• 5+ years' experience of Data Lake/ platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning /Spark implementations.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Marketing Risk needs of enterprises
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 more years of IT platform implementation experience.
• Understanding of Apache and the ecosystem. Experience with one more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro).
• Familiarity with one or more SQL-on- technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
• Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (python, scala, etc)
• Current hands-on implementation experience required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications:
• Masters PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering Math.
• Hands on experience leading large- global data warehousing and analytics projects.
• Ability to lead effectively across organizations.
• Understanding of and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and databases, Data Warehouse , BI reporting and Dashboard development.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of , data warehousing data sciences.
• Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR).
• Implementing services in a variety of computing, enterprise environments.
• Computer Science Math background preferred.
• Customer facing skills to represent well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation. Should be able to interact with Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Risk Officers, Chief Technology Officers, and Chief Information Officers, as well as the people within their organizations.
• Good working knowledge of French and English
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.