Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Merchant Solutions (TDMS) provides reliable, flexible, and easy to use card payment solutions to TD Securities, Corporate, Commercial, NREG and Small Business Banking clients. A wide selection of products include Point of Sale (POS) terminals, PC Software and E-Commerce that allow businesses to authorize and settle their credit or debit card payment transactions electronically.
This Credit Group supports the TDMS business by adjudicating new merchant applications, completing periodic annual and interim review, developing automation strategies, and maintaining policies, processes & procedures.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, Managed Accounts, the role is accountable for managing a portfolio of large commercial and corporate relationships with complex risk calculation and credit structure. Job responsibilities include adjudicating new applications received for the Managed Accounts portfolio and completing annual credit reviews to ensure overall credit quality of the portfolio. The position participates in customer calls with the Relationship Managers and Sales Representatives as appropriate. Job Description
• Ensure merchant applications are adjudicated in accordance with the assigned discretionary limits and credit policies and make recommendations to Manager on all others.
• Use sound credit judgment to assess, analyze and present well-written, logical Merchant Risk Reviews on new/renewal for larger merchant relationships identifying key merchant risks and contingent exposure.
• Renew credits in a timely manner, meeting targets with no expired credit reviews.
• Liaise with sales reps and customers on new requests requiring additional information for adjudication
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with TDMS Relationship Management Team, the Commercial Bank and TD Securities in order to keep abreast of issues involving accounts in the portfolio.
• Ensure timely re-adjudication of increasing risk or fraud-potential merchants.
• Optimize sales opportunities by structuring competitive, creative solutions to meet customers' needs and adhere to credit policies and the Banks risk appetite.
• Develop and maintain a high level of business knowledge, including industry operating regulations, and keep current with new developments or campaigns that might affect the Managed area.
• Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
• Take a leadership role on the team in training new people to the group and act as a SME for junior credit analysts in helping them understand key merchant risk and assess contingent exposure in a complex situation.
• Be proactive in recommending solutions to resolve issues that may arise from time to time
• Maintain a high degree of knowledge of KYC, Privacy, due diligence requirements and merchant risk concepts in order to explain these issues to branch and customers etc
• Take leadership in training new analysts and providing guidance Requirements
• Previous experience in lending / credit underwriting
• Expertise in commercial credit / financial statement analysis techniques.
• Strong credit underwriting/risk assessment skills
• Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills
• Solid analytical skills and business intelligence
• Strong aptitude for problem solving and capacity for effective workflow
• Good organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills are required including the ability to work well independently
• Strong knowledge of Excel and Word
• Undergraduate degree in Economic, Finance or Business
• MBA degree or a Master degree would be an asset
• Additional data query skills (SQL, Tableau etc.) would be an asset Additional Information
Education and Accreditation
Business Degree would be an asset Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Health Care Operations and Logistics