Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Merchant Solutions (TDMS) provides reliable, flexible and easy to use card payment solutions to corporate, commercial and small business clients. A wide selection of payment processing solutions including Point of Sale (POS) terminals, PC Software and E-Commerce that allow businesses to authorize and settle their credit or debit card payment transactions electronically.
The Credit Group supports the TDMS business by adjudicating merchant applications, developing and executing risk policies/guideline and strategies Job Description
Primarily accountable for adjudicating the more complex small business applications. The position is required to demonstrate sound credit adjudication capabilities at all times for the boarding of accounts within their assigned discretionary limits and adhering to the credit policies and to make recommendations to management on those accounts that are above their limits. W ill be responsible for end to end management of processes that attempt to mitigate risk arising from key processes and from High Risk Accounts. Will be called upon from time to time to participate in special projects and rollouts and assist the Manager, Credit Adjudication with monthly reports and monitoring activities. The position acts as a point of reference and is the subject matter expert for SBB Analysts. The Senior Credit Analyst reports to the Manager, Credit Adjudication.
- Use sound credit judgment to assess, analyze and present well-written, credit write ups on new larger, more complex SBB merchant relationships identifying key merchant risk and contingent exposure.
- Ensure merchant applications are adjudicated in accordance with the assigned discretionary limits and credit policies and make recommendations to Manager on all others.
- Ensure that SBB Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded and are handled efficiently and accurately, minimizing escalations for service reasons.
- Liaise with sales reps on new requests requiring additional information for adjudication, ensuring requests are appropriate and complete so that information is obtained using minimal attempts.
- Optimize sales opportunities by structuring competitive, creative solutions for larger SBB merchants to meet customers' needs and adhere to credit policies and the Banks risk appetite.
- Accountable for managing High Risk Accounts for the SBB team. These include accounts related to Fraud Credit Reviews, the establishment of Reserves or Delayed Payment as well as assessing release on the same , accounts that require to be put on to MATCH and Enhanced Due Diligence and G2 reviews on accounts.
- Familiarity with commercial credit / financial statement analysis techniques.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of KYC, Privacy, due diligence requirements and merchant risk concepts in order to explain these issues to branch and customers etc.
Promote the TDCT brand image by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism.
- Provide statistical data and other reports to Manager, Credit Adjudication and assist with the completion of the monthly SBB reports with required timeframes.
- Participate in industry deep dives to enhance the team's understanding of the risk profiles associated with different merchants
- Help with various monitoring tasks (e.g. fraud-credit re-adjudication, G2 reviews, etc.) to ensure timely completion and escalation as required
- Develop and maintain a high level of business knowledge, including industry operating regulations, and keep current with new developments or campaigns that might affect the merchants.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and Industry Codes of Conduct.
- Actively participate and contribute in pulse action planning sessions
- Take responsibility for own developmental needs; complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP) annually.
- Contribute to a fair, positive and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce.
- Attend and actively participate in huddles, monthly department meetings and quarterly group meetings
- Require minimum 2 years of Credit experience
- Ability to identify effective processes and be able to multi task on a number of deliverables
- Possess and maintain a high level of business knowledge, including industry operating regulations
- Prior small business or commercial credit underwriting/adjudication experience
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis techniques
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong credit judgment and problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail and proven analytical skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with business partners
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solid knowledge of KYC, due diligence requirements and merchant risks
- Knowledge of Merchant Solutions is preferred
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Operations and Logistics