Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Financial Restructuring Group (FRG) within Business Banking is a centre of excellence for the Bank where the primary role is assisting financially troubled clients. The Senior Analyst manages a portfolio of customers in the FRG segment. The position works closely with the Commercial, National Accounts and ABL networks, and with external professionals including legal counsel, accountants/monitors, receivers and trustees. The Senior Analyst reports to the Director, FRG. Job Description
The Senior Credit Analyst, Financial Restructuring Group
is responsible for monitoring and control, structuring credits and addressing perceived risk. This includes completing necessary due diligence, establishing pricing and terms of credit, and also producing ongoing credit reviews and risk ratings that reflect knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
Working closely with the Director, the position encompasses the following tasks:
• Work with clients and/or the Bank's advisors to restructure credit deals so that Borrowers may remain both viable and long term customers of the Bank. When not possible, exit relationships and/or realize on assets in order to repay loans in the interest of protecting the Bank's shareholders.
• Develop creative solutions to minimize risk and, when possible, provide support and flexibility to the client during the restructuring period.
• Lead all aspects of analysis for an assigned portfolio. Ensure credit risk is properly assessed by performing independent risk analysis and by applying the policies and lending guidelines of the Bank.
• Protect the Bank's assets by managing/using adequate risk monitoring systems and processes and by evaluating each Borrower's performance as it relates to the assessment and management of credit risk.
• Monitor and control the portfolio and provide feedback to the Director on any accounts that are outside assigned limits and conditions.
• Establish loan pricing/fees commensurate with the risk profile of the relationship.
• Ensure products and services are sold and operate in a compliant manner minimizing the regulatory compliance and operational risk to the Bank.
• Understand the market and the industries within the portfolio to ensure value added service is provided to clients while mitigating risk to the Bank.
• Continually deliver exceptional service at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously improve the customer experience.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with various professional firms.
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/points of interest.
• Lead, support, mentor and provide guidance to your team and within your unit.
• Actively participate in the performance management process including performance reviews, feedback and coaching sessions.
• Seek knowledge both formal and informal in line with PDP objectives.
• Undergraduate degree in business or relevant professional designation, and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Financial Analyst or Account Manager in a business banking environment.
• Alternatively, experience in another profession that supports the needs of the business with an opportunity to add value from a different perspective.
• Excellent analytical, judgement and decision-making skills in assessing and handling risk profile for team processes.
• Proficient in using MS Office Suite, productivity tools and end-user software.
• A dynamic professional with a positive approach and strong communications skills to liaise with cross functional teams and colleagues and external professionals.
• Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple deadlines and priorities Additional Information
This is a hybrid position with 3 days in the office.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance