Requisition ID: 109746
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Content Designer, you will work with UX and product designers, researchers, business lines, and product owners to create user experiences that touch millions of Scotiabank digital customers every day. The right person for this role is an exceptional writer and editor, has a strong interest in all aspects of content strategy and design thinking, and pushes for simple, straightforward, and human experiences for our customers. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Plan, write, edit, and improve content for a variety of web and mobile products, making them easier to use
- Write clear, consistent, and concise user-interface content, such as help articles, in-app notifications, release notes, and error messages, ensuring the tone and writing style express and elevate the brand voice
- Partner with designers, researchers, product owners, developers and business lines to define content requirements and deliver compelling experiences
- Participate in design reviews and collaborate with product and designers on content strategy, concepts, navigation, and storytelling
- Working in an agile environment, help identify and advocate for the best content processes or delivery methods in different multidisciplinary teams
- Plan ahead for upcoming deliverables; identify key stakeholders/considerations early and deliver high quality results
- Understand our users and synthesize research outcomes into viable content and communication experiences
- Leverage communication channels to build relationships, inspire confidence, and influence decisions with your key stakeholders
- Craft messages that proactively address peer and stakeholder concerns and questions, considering the goals and motivations of intended audience
- Analyze and interpret data effectively to inform decision making processes and build a solid understanding of customer pain points, needs, and expectations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in design, journalism, or communication
- 8 to 10+ years of experience writing/editing content for the web and mobile experiences, as a UX writer, web editor, copywriter, content strategist, or similar
- Expert communications skills with exceptional writing abilities - a sharp writer, detail-oriented, creative thinker, and a superb editor
- A fast learner who has an appetite to understand what's behind both simple and complex financial solutions; experience writing for financial services is highly valued
- Experience working on scrum teams and collaborating with designers, developers, product owners, researchers, digital accessibility specialists, translation teams, and legal and compliance
- Has a portfolio of work (professional and personal) that showcases the digital applications you've worked on and includes examples of your storytelling skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, and comfortable communicating directly with senior executives
- Proven project management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Possesses a positive and resilient personality that embraces feedback and a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner and mentoring junior writers as required
- Ability to work within content guidelines with a desire to push existing standards to the next level
- Familiarity in content management systems, Figma, and a strong understanding of collaboration suites such as Slack
French and/or Spanish proficiency considered an asset What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Medical, Web Design, Investment Banking, Finance, Healthcare, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance