At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Technology Risk Consulting services team is growing and we are looking for Senior Consultants to join our team in Toronto. The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on performing IT risk reviews, performing tech advisory engagements or providing IT internal audit support across the IT risk domain.
Senior Consultants will also be involved in training and guiding our new campus hires. What you will do
- Conducting assessments of IT risks and controls in support of internal and external audit and advisory engagements, related to for instance:
- IT risk and maturity assessment
- IT projects and system implementations
- Access management
- IT governance reviews
- IT third party risk management
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Cloud security
- Data governance assessments and reviews
What you bring to the role
- Supporting assessments for broader information security topics (cyber maturity assessments, ISO audits, incident management reviews etc.) as well IT general controls.
- Monitoring relevant technology risk standards and practices.
- Developing risk and control matrices and reviewing procedures.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls.
- Engagement risk management: quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability - Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Business development: taking an proactive role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Service Delivery: conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Guiding field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
Keys to your success
- Bac helor's or Master's degree in Business, Information Technology, Data Science or Computer Science degree required.
- Completion of relevant certifications (e.g., CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, ISO27001).
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with IT General Controls and security controls audits or assessments (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST) is preferred.
- Experience in the designing and testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Experience performing IT internal audits.
- Ability to work both as a self-starter with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to effectively express insights.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and investigative skills.
- Strong understanding of business and audit risks.
- Has a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive. Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.