You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG's Ops Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) team helps companies deliver value from mergers and acquisitions. We specialize in advisory for pre-deal due diligence and carve-outs, as well as post-merger integrations. We work with management to assess the impacts of the transaction and develop detailed implementation plans to help ensure the strategic rationale of the acquisition or divestment is delivered. Our clients, include publicly, privately and private-equity held companies across a variety of industries.
Overview of the opportunity located in Toronto
We are expanding our Technology Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) team due to a demand for our services. Technology M&A services support our corporate and private equity clients in the understanding and use of technology as a lever within transactions, in order to provide a competitive bid advantage, increase deal value, minimize future operating costs or to provide greater integrity during a transition What you will do
As Senior Consultant, Technology Ops M&A, located in our Toronto office, you will:
- Deliver Technology M&A engagements, by working with the team to execute Technology/IT
- Technology/IT Due Diligence for buy and sell-side transactions
- Technology/IT Separation planning for sell-side divestments/carve-outs
- Technology/IT Synergy planning and Integration for buy-side mergers/acquisitions, including Day 1 and Day 100 support
- Support Business Development activities both internally and externally with Private Equity and Corporate clients
- Interact and communicate effectively with senior client executives, including Chief Financial Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Information/Technology Officers/IT Directors and work closely with senior client teams.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Demonstrated relevant professional experience with exposure to Mergers and Acquisition in a consulting, corporate, or private equity environment
- MBA, CPA, CFA or equivalent qualification is highly preferred
- Interest in Corporate Technology - broad exposure across the IT landscape or depth in a specific area is favourable
- Understanding of program or project management (no formal project certification is required)
- Solid business acumen, including financial literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in building effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally / internationally as require
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solver
- Good attention to detail with effective organizational skills
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- A self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
#LI-ET1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance