EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our People Advisory Services professionals assist our clients in successfully managing and sustaining people, process and/or technology change. This may include the identification and management of stakeholders, leadership development, organizational design, training, cultural assessment and development, talent management, workforce strategies, and planning and executing key communications.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our rapidly growing Systems practice in Toronto. Responsibilities
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex HR technology and implementation concepts. Lead client engagement teams and work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services. Develop and successfully manage to project budget.
Deliver quality services. Value and model excellent client service by establishing goals and implementation plans to achieve high quality deliverables within expected timeframes. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management. Focus on deliverables and client business priorities. Manage expectations of service. Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
Develop people. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/training. Foster an innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Demonstrate high levels of technical and professional knowledge and quickly assimilate new knowledge. Keep up-to-date with current developments and trends in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with other Ernst & Young team members across all practices to serve client needs.
To qualify, candidates must have:
• a related bachelor's degree
• approximately 2 - 3 years Consulting experience
• Work with clients on solution gap opportunity analysis/recommendations • 2 - 5 years project implementation experience
• Support or lead business process design, enhancements
• Understand end to end life-cycle • HCM / HR technology knowledge and implementation experience ideal
• Participate and/or lead client discussions - requirements gathering, user stories/test scenario creation, solution configuration, lead/support testing and drive deployment
• problem solving skills
• Ability to work through a problem with limited information. Demonstrates an approach to take a problem or situation to the next steps. • business analytical skills - make observations, anticipate client and management needs or expectations
• Demonstrates curiosity; to understand how and why a problem or issue exists
• Comfortable with ambiguity and finding creative approaches to take the next step
• team / work engagement - dealing with varying team /stakeholder environment, knowing importance of different communication styles and messaging based on different stakeholders
• project management experience
• work collaboratively in a team environment (knows when to lead and when to follow)
• excellent oral and written communication skills , including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, etc…
• high level of motivation and a self starting attitude
• ability to think outside of the box, thrive on new challenges
• strong work ethic
• flexibility and ability to travel
• willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 30%
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019