Permanent Reference code
:113622 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Kitchener, ON; London; Markham; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Vaughan, ON; Windsor, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with premier thought leaders in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.What will your typical day look like?
- Manage large, complicated projects with multiple work streams and multiple stakeholders; coordinate strategy discussions with senior leaders
- Assist in defining project scope, recommending approaches, and managing execution of major strategic projects
- Help establish analytical frameworks to identify, prioritize, structure, and solve complex business problems
- Oversee quantitative and qualitative analyses including external market sizing
- Assess the worldwide professional services marketplace to help senior leaders understand Deloitte's competitive position (successes, challenges, opportunities, and risks)
- Help assess potential investments, strategic partnerships including alliances and ecosystems, and/or M&A activities that help realize global strategies
- Ensure the logic, accuracy, and appropriate scope of fact bases with which to inform strategic analyses
- Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Support senior leaders on long range planning projects and ad hoc requests
- Provide ongoing support to the GC&I team and key clients
- Develop and share content for presentations and reports, as well as supporting analytics, for GC&I senior leadership, GC&I Council/OCEO/Executive, and other oversight committees, as required
- Oversee team's online repositories and network lists, and respond to related requests for information
About the teamDeloitte Global Culture:
- Develop effective working relationships with staff, peers, and senior internal clients within the team and in business units and member firms
- Act as a counselor and coach to lower level staff members and provide day-to-day oversight and management of 2-4 staff
- Provide guidance in staff recruitment and retention activities
- Develop effective cross-functional relationships in a multi-stakeholder environment
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network. In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Global Clients & Industry provides expertise and knowledge around industries, clients, and markets to win new engagements, retain clients, and increase market share. Using industry insight, a multidisciplinary approach, and cross-border collaboration, we support lead client service professionals and their teams around the world.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- At least 5 years experience from a top tier strategy consulting firm or within a strategic planning/corporate development function in a global organization
- Excellent strategic thinker, with 5 years of demonstrated strategic consulting or related experience in strategy development, competitive strategy, and scenario planning
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills required, relational database experience (e.g., Access, Cognos, SAP) a plus
- Strong quantitative skills, particularly managing and developing associates in this skill set
Our shared values
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated experience successfully managing a cross functional team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages for the audience
- Advanced attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and manage engagements
- Proactive and results-oriented player who wants to help build a high performance team
- Collegial team player who can work in a small team environment
- Comfortable working in a global, matrixed environment
- High degree of endurance and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work and quickly manage changing priorities and diverse subject matters
- Ability to deliver under pressure and provide informed responses to leadership in short timeframes
- Ability to handle sensitive leadership information with utmost confidentiality
- High degree of comfort working in an unstructured environment that requires solving complex, open-ended issues with incomplete data and little direction
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Project Manager, Strategic Planning, Consulting, Developer, Equity, Strategy, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive