You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
Our Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRCS) professionals provide a range of risk advisory services to organizations including internal audits, internal control advisory services, enterprise risk management support, assessments of third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance reviews and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization's business risks and related processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and identify improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience.
We are looking for dynamic professionals to join our growing GRCS practice at an experienced Consultant or Senior Consultant level with a focus on Infrastructure, Government, Healthcare and supporting the Broader Public Sector in Ontario. The successful candidate will be responsible in supporting the planning, execution, and reporting for engagements, working both as part of larger engagement teams and individually with guidance and review from more senior professionals. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assisting organizations with the delivery of specialized internal audits, internal control assessments, business process reviews, performance assessments, and regulatory compliance projects.
- Assisting with business development efforts including proposals, marketing material, and internal and external presentations
- Participating in the development and delivery of analyses, client engagement plans, deliverables, reports and presentations as well as reviewing the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by more junior team members
- Delivering multiple simultaneous client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Delivering high quality work that is on time and in compliance with the Firm's quality standards
- Sometimes engaging with cross-functional engagement teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Applying knowledge of leading practices both observed in engagements and other studies
- Support Managers in managing project timelines, quality, budget as well as the client relationship
- Mentor and support other team members
- Assist in identifying opportunities to continuously improve project and solutions delivery
Key to your success
- Internal audit, business process reviews and/or value for money audit experience working with or working in the Government, Healthcare and Broader Public Sector in Ontario.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- The ability to identify process improvements, efficiencies and cost savings for clients in resource constrained environments
- Ability to prepare reports summarizing the results of the work completed and identifying recommendations which add value to the client.
- Ability to document process narratives, flowcharts and controls.
- Ability to contribute to proposals from origination to completion.
- Ability to progress internal audits, reviews and other engagements, working collaboratively with other team members, and autonomously when required
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience in planning and scoping audit engagements including budgeting and staff allocation.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Have relevant experience in the Government, Healthcare and Broader Public Sector (in Ontario)
- Highly driven, autonomous, resilient and team player with a strong work ethic.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management and industry practices (e.g. IIA standards, project management)
- Chartered Professional Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor designations considered advantageous
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.