EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY's Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Systems, Processes & Analytics (FAAS - SPA) group specializes in advising Finance leaders on relevant and emerging issues and trends within the Finance function. Central to the effectiveness of the Finance function is its ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive critical business insights and support strategic decision making and growth. We understand the evolving role of the CFO and Finance function and work with our clients to automate and streamline Efficiency, Control and Compliance functions, while simultaneously improving the value Finance provides to the organization. We assist our clients with business and internal finance performance improvement initiatives by providing business advisory services that result in the achievement of measurable benefits in financial and operational effectiveness, controls and strategic decision making.
As a FAAS - SPA Senior Consultant, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will help to develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. By drawing on your financial process knowledge and experience, you will provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. You will actively contribute to improving financial processes, operational and reporting efficiency, and in assisting the finance function drive business insight and effective decision support. FAAS - SPA focuses on three main areas including Advanced processes, FAASTech and Analytics and data intelligence. Your role as a FAAS - SPA Senior Consultant will focus on leading projects and business development activities under the Advanced process pillar and supporting the activities of our FAASTech and Analytics and data intelligence teams.
We provide efficient, sophisticated and reliable control methods, which enable our clients to reduce the cost of process monitoring, add value from available data and establish effective continuous monitoring to reach the next level of process assurance. Advanced processes projects typically involve:
• Providing financial advisory services to address and advance the agenda of the CFO;
• Working with clients to improve financial processes and increase compliance, control and efficiency functions; and
• Transforming the role of Finance to better align with the evolving needs of the business and supporting enhancements in reporting, business insight and decision support activities.
FAASTech is the EY FAAS business model that unites FAAS' core accounting competencies with IT capabilities to deliver enhanced value to our clients. FAASTech projects typically involve provision of specialized EY applications, tailoring of commercial applications (e.g., MS SharePoint or SAP) to the client's needs and assisting clients by enabling their existing applications.
Analytics and data intelligence
Our group focuses on different types of financial and data analytics to support the CFO agenda. FAAS analytics is the collection, combination and manipulation of financial data to help clients create insights that support the decision-making processes. This allows clients to improve accounting data integrity and quality, enabling them to produce more reliable reports and insights within the accounting, finance, governance and regulatory space.
In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently support CFO agenda discussions and assist in driving projects to completion, by ensuring work products and deliverables are issued timely and are of high quality. Your role in leading work streams and mentoring staff on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under the responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate, while ensuring you are building on your experience and subject matter knowledge.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. Client responsibilities
• Participate in external client consulting engagements involving the advancement of the CFO agenda, looking at a company's internal finance and accounting processes and advising clients on solutions to increase processing efficiency, drive automation or reengineer existing processes to better align with future state target operating models; Qualifications
• Participate in business development initiatives including service offering and proposal development;
• Assist in managing the financial and commercial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders; and
• Build strong internal relationships within FAAS and across EY's service lines including Advisory, Tax and Transactions Services.
To qualify, candidates must possess:
• Business performance reporting, cost reduction and financial statement close EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply
• Knowledge and working experience on business processes including record to report, plan-to-perform, order-to-cash, and procure-to-pay
• Proven track record in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
• Performance measurement and performance management
• Project and change management
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think critically and identify creative solutions outside of the box and thrive on new challenges
• Dedication to teamwork and leadership, with experience in managing and/or mentoring junior staff and providing direction to team members
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation
• A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
• A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
• Strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and approximately 3 - 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience
• Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, CPA
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance