Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.Are you passionate about data and technology solutions, driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution? Are you enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development? If you answered yes, then we have an opportunity waiting for you!What will your typical day look like?
As a Data Governance (Collibra) Senior Consultant,
you will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in the management and governance of data solutions including data governance, data quality, data classification, data lineage and data cataloguing. Specifically, you will:
About the team
- Build data governance operating models and implement data governance solutions based on industry-standard governance frameworks
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders including executives, IT representatives, business leaders and the analytics/AI user community to understand data challenges and identify solutions for remediation
- Plan/schedule tasks, lead small development teams, and mentor junior colleagues
Omnia AI, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence practice
is comprised of specialized experts with hands-on experience, and cutting-edge information assets that facilitate successful Artificial Intelligence (AI) transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
As a member of our Data & Analytics Modernization team
within our Omnia AI practice, you will help our clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premises - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- 3+ years implementation experience with data governance capabilities such as metadata ingestion, data mapping, business lineage & traceability, policy management, governance/quality metrics development & reporting, workflow and issue management, data stewardship management (roles and responsibilities), data classification and/or data catalogue management
- 3+ years implementation experience with data governance technologies such as Collibra, Informatica AXON, Alation and/or IBM IGC
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, extracting and importing disparate data from source systems, and data manipulation based on requirements, ideally using Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
- Experience in a data stewardship role supporting business areas with activities that include critical data element identification, data quality rule definition, metadata management, business definition development, data lineage identification, implementation of data security, encryption, PII/PSI/PHI, GDPR and/or PIPEDA legislation, identity and access management across sources and environments, communication to end-users,
- Solid understanding of data architecture, data warehousing, data lake and cloud architectures including its implications on governance policies and procedures and access management, combined with a Bachelor's Degree or higher in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired.
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it's important to us, too. This role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build. The time is right for you to join Deloitte. Get your career off to great start. What impact will you make?Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production