Permanent Reference code
:106062 Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What are we looking for?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
- Are you passionate about developing creative data driven solutions to fight Financial Crime?
- Do you live to use Data Analytics, Visualizations or Data Science to solve complex challenges?
- Does the idea of working in a collaborative & nurturing environment motivates you?
If it's a Yes, then Financial Crime Analytics team @ Deloitte is where you want to be. We are equally excited to meet you and hear your story!About the team
Innovation and empowerment are fundamental to our team culture, and we believe in breaking the boundaries of possibility to combat Financial Crime. We are a team that is diverse culturally, academically, and professionally and we envision to grow the team on the same principles.
Join a team where you -
• Experience an agile work environment - work is what you do and not where you do it
• Have reduced hours or seasonal work which supports you meeting your own personal goals
• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
• Are encouraged to deepen your technical skills that you are most interested in which also align to our business needs. There's much more! Read details about the Top 10 Reasons to Join Our Firm | Deloitte Canada | Careers. What will your typical day look like?
Your day will involve -
• Being creative at analyzing large datasets to generate actionable insights
• Developing Fraud detection models
• Leveraging data visualizations to convey your discoveries
• Evaluating client issues and participating in client presentations
• Assisting in different areas of project management
• Supporting quantification and process reviews in remediation engagementsEnough about us, let's talk about you
Deloitte Financial Crime Analytics practice uses a broad stack of analytics and data technologies. As a Senior Consultant, Data Analytics, you will be working on developing solutions based on analytical insights & models leveraging the following tools & technologies:
- Analytics - SQL
- Data preparation and modeling - SSIS, Alteryx
- Visualization - Tableau, Power BI
- Data management system - SQL Server, Hadoop
- Completed a bachelor's degree or master's degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional work experience in consulting or analytics, preferably related to financial crime
- 3+ years of experience querying and analyzing large data sets in SQL
Nice to Have
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Experience with Python, Alteryx, SSIS, Power BI or Tableau
- Proven experience creating PowerPoint decks and giving presentations to executives and stakeholders
- Project management experience including budgeting, activity tracking and stakeholder communication
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Analytics, Database, Project Manager, SQL, Developer, Management, Technology
Management and Executive