Are you looking for the opportunity to balance your personal and your career goals? When joining KPMG Canada's Cyber Response Team you have the opportunity to match your aspirations, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter you are going to achieve it.
As part of KPMG's Cyber Response Team you will join the family of over 2,700 cyber security, incident response and forensic technology professionals in various KMPG member firms worldwide. We are highly experienced in multi-industry and multi-jurisdictional incident response, helping to ensure an appropriate and targeted strategy tailored to the capabilities of attackers and the risk to a business. KPMG Canada is also a global network of member firms over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
We encourage you to think and do things differently. KPMG will support your personal and professional growth. Bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. With a personalized benefits program tailored to your individual needs, a strong commitment to health and wellness and a culture of continuous learning we take care of you, so that you can take care of business. Let's do this.
We are looking for a talented individual at the Consultant/Senior Consultant level to join KPMG's Cyber Response practice based in Canada. The successful individual will be driven, and results oriented, with a strong focus on client relationships. This individual will possess a strong interest in computer forensics and cyber incident response analysis.
KPMG's Cyber Response team is one which has received tremendous investment and has been identified as a transformational part of the firm to deliver growth over the next five years. It is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to work in a firm with unparalleled career progression opportunities. Find out more about Cyber Response.What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Gather, analyze and maintain data to support investigative, risk and mitigation efforts
- Lead/perform computer and network forensic investigations and cyber incident response engagements through log analysis, malware triage, binary reverse engineering.
- Demonstrate deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of operating system security, network security, cryptography, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence
- Independently perform digital forensics on various platforms and mobile devices utilizing various forensic tools such as, but not limited to EnCase, Autopsy, Magnet Axiom and Cellebrite
- Exposure to Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools such as Crowdstrike, CarbonBlack or FireEye.
- Familiarity and up to date knowledge of common threat actor TTPs (tools, techniques and procedures and how they relate to the stages of the MITRE ATT&CK® Framework. Understanding of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape
- Utilize and analyze results from incident response and forensic tools to assess host and network-based artifacts.
- Develop incident investigation and digital forensic reports articulating technical investigations
- Leverage out-of-the-box thinking to tackle and overcome client challenges.
- Remain up-to-date on computer forensic and cyber incident trends and technologies through testing and research.
- Actively contribute to thought leadership and business development campaigns.
- Contribute to continued development of the Cyber Response team, supporting internal development opportunities and process enhancement.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
- Demonstrate passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
Keys to your success:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of previous incident response or CSIRT experience is desired.
- Hands-on experience with various security tools including log management, web proxies, endpoint protection platforms, etc is preferred.
- Completion of relevant certifications such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), CCFP ISC(2) or similar.
- Minimum of two years of experience with using forensic software applications (e.g. EnCase, FTK, Autopsy, Magnet Axiom, Cellebrite, Wireshark, OpenVAS, Snort, Magnet IEF/Axiom) and techniques to capture electronic data from computers, external media, networks and mobile data devices.
- Experience in an advisory or external consulting capacity or as a corporate incident response handler will be a plus
- Hands-on computer forensic experience such as Windows, Unix and or/Linux disk and memory forensics, Host and Network-based security monitoring, traffic and log analysis and static and dynamic malware analysis in support of incident response investigations and possible litigation with an understanding of evidence handling procedures.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Experience working in a fast-paced project environment under tight timelines.
- Excellent research and critical and analytical thinking skills with the ability to clearly identify and define problems and develop creative solutions to address client needs.
- Ability to work independently and at times without supervision.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service and Support