Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant/Assistant Manager in the Assurance group, you will:
About the team
- Contribute to the planning and execution of projects
- Work directly with clients on complex technical accounting matters and preparation of complex accounting and process memorandums under IFRS, ASPE and U.S. GAAP
- Work on transactions related to disruptive events, including support accounting due diligence engagements as well as clients with initial public offerings, prospectus and other regulatory filings
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country or internationally
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Contribute to business development in growing the Toronto Assurance practice
The Toronto Assurance group is rapidly expanding. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our Assurance group is composed of the Accounting Operations Advisory and Accounting & Reporting Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success.
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting entities with the adoption of new standards, understand and advise on corresponding impact to processes and controls, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements. As an Senior Consultant, you would be part of the team to gain unique and broad experiences as you develop into a next generation leader.
We are looking for professionals who are looking to join a high-performing, priority growth area for Deloitte, who will contribute with strong problem-solving skills, a breadth of knowledge with respect to the technical and operational financial reporting, and strong inter-personal skills. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Have the CPA designation or equivalency OR be in progress of completion of the CPA
- Possess a minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess strong technical accounting skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, U.S. GAAP, internal controls (CSOX/PCAOB) and risk
- Finance experience including accounting research, memo writing and related processes
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production