You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting services team is growing and we are looking for Senior Consultants to join our team in Toronto. The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on providing IT Advisory and Assurance based services to clients in the Financial Services, Technology and Telecom, and in the Public Sector space and also demonstrate flexibility on IT project and ERP advisory services, information protection and business resilience services. They will also be involved in training and guiding our new campus hires.What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct assessments of IT risks and controls, including general IT controls and automated controls embedded within information systems in support of our external audit engagements.
- Perform other engagements within the context of supporting the external audit, IT internal audit or attestation engagements such as CSAE 3416 / SSAE 18 Service Organization Control (SOC) audits and assessment of controls in large transformation projects.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls.
- Engagement risk management: quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability - Simultaneously deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Business development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Service Delivery : conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science degree required, ideally with a major in accounting.
- Completion of one or a combination of the following designations; CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with IT General Controls and controls based audits (e.g., CSAE 3416 or SSAE 18) is preferred.
- Experience with the identification and or evaluation of process level controls in large system transformation projects involving SAP and or Oracle.
- Experience in the testing of controls in different IT environments, ideally clients that operate in a SAP and or Oracle environment.
- Experience within an external audit practice auditing clients in the Financial Services industry.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills being able to express insights, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Have a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm and drive.
- Willingness and ability to travel both within Canada and internationally.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Positive attitude
- Drive for success
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance