Requisition ID: 101309
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
The incumbent is part of the Testing Team in Compliance (2nd line of defense). The Senior Compliance Officer, Testing contributes to the overall success of the Global Compliance, with a focus on Canadian Banking and Wealth Management business channels, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives; ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
Education / Experience
- Focus on testing of controls in Canadian Banking and Wealth Management, to mitigate Compliance / Regulatory risk
- Work with the rest of the testing team to execute the compliance testing program to identify areas of regulatory compliance risk exposure, provide adequate coverage and depth of testing, while promoting testing consistency.
- Assess the designated assessable unit controls and practices, to determine their design and operating effectiveness, in relation to the mitigation of compliance / regulatory risk.
- Identify and document issues based on the above assessment.
- Prepare and coordinate the completion of testing engagement reports.
- Ensure accurate, complete, sufficient and appropriate documentation of testing results to support our assessments in the testing engagement reports.
- Constantly look out for efficiencies / enhancements in the testing process (e.g., use of automation / data analytics).
- Validate actions taken by management to support closure of testing issues.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Partner with other Global Compliance groups and other lines of defence, to ensure consistent and effective execution of the testing program across business units.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to regulatory compliance risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 5 years relevant experience in the financial services industry preferably within a regulatory compliance, audit or risk management function.
- Good knowledge of the business's regulatory compliance requirements - particularly in relation to Canadian Banking and Wealth Management business units.
- Good understanding of controls testing standards and related tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with data analytics tools to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement.
- A strategic, innovative and 'out of the box' mindset.
- Good communication and report-writing skills.
- Aptitude to provide input and suggestions to promote continuous learning and improvement of the testing program.
- Ability to demonstrate multi-tasking and flexibility in working with a diverse group of stakeholders and business units.
- Strong analytical and written skills with ability to review, interpret and synthesize data in order to drive investigations on potential exceptions.
- Change manager - able to demonstrate agility, resilience and resourcefulness in executing plans even in changing environments and within available resources and timeframes.
- Nice to have - Bi-Lingual in English and French.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Compliance, Manager, Developer, Finance, Legal, Management, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance