We're looking for a Senior Compensation Specialist to help us to be the first point of contact for employees and vendors for Hootsuite's overall compensation programs across our global locations. You'll be a SME on the delivery of existing programs, as well as the launch of new programs and events. While working from our virtual office, you'll report to our Director, Total Rewards & Global Mobility. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Ensure that pay scales comply with relevant local laws and regulations
- Participate and conduct market assessments of compensation positioning to support in developing and implementing total rewards programs designed to attract and retain high caliber talent in accordance with our talent strategy and total rewards framework.
- Monitor the effectiveness of current and upcoming market trends for determining employee base and variable pay policies, guidelines and procedures
- Collect, weigh and analyze data on many factors to conduct job analysis and partner with HR and management to determine appropriate job leveling and salary
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Consult and administer the annual compensation cycle(s), including developing procedures, analyzing data, creating documentation and reports, and building communication tools to aid in compensation discussions
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on functional modifications and enhancements to compensation systems and reporting, based on business requirements
- Be an integral part in developing the company's total rewards strategy by providing knowledgeable consultation, data analysis, and forecasting models
- Build consultative and collaborative relationships with HR partners, business leaders and team members on compensation programs and initiatives
- Monitor compensation program effectiveness to ensure alignment with business strategy and financial modeling, research standard methodologies and recommend enhancements/changes as appropriate
- Deliver high quality analytics, design and advisory work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Research and analyze market trends to recommend annual compensation budgets
WHO YOU ARE:
- Several years of Base, Variable pay and Commission based Compensation experience
- Some years of experience evaluating jobs duties and recommending pay leveling and global compensation experience
- CCP designation is an asset
- Experience with HR Systems is considered an assets (preferably Workday)
- Extremely well-organized and exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced / Expert knowledge of Excel
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
Share our values:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support