250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate professional for a Senior Cloud Engineer position. BMO's cloud strategy is focused on innovation, leveraging emerging cloud native services to meet the rapidly evolving needs of our customers. BMO Cloud Engineering team is leading the way at a Bank where our Purpose is Growing the Good and Being Bold. We demonstrate those values every day. Be part of the action - where we have challenging discussions about how to align those customer requirements to the right cloud architectures and services. Help evolve the BMO's core cloud platform, leveraging emerging best practices and tools, securely connected to our strategic suppliers, providing a platform for innovation to an entire Bank. Responsibilities:
Working in a close-knit technical team, the role will:
Required core skills:
- Design, implement and integrate BMO Cloud Platform (AWS), core, and shared services
- Design, implement and manage hybrid cloud connectivity and intra-cloud networking
- Develop patterns for automated provisioning, management, scalability, and security
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance standards and controls
- Be the major contributor to IaC modules: develop new modules, maintain existing modules
- Design and plan enterprise-scale cloud environments including application dependencies, data storage and flow, network connectivity and overall cloud hosting
- Design, implement and secure cloud IaaS, PaaS, and other services in AWS
- Develop and maintain up-to-date architectural templates, build an operational documentation of the technical environment
- Continuously enhance the capability, security, and experience of the enterprise Hybrid cloud
- Strong programming skills and fluency with at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, node.js
- Strong IaC expertise with one of the following: CDK, CloudFormation or Terraform
- Strong DevOps expertise, proven track of designing and building CI/CD pipelines
- Strong knowledge and experience in setting up, securing, and managing public cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Solid understanding and proven practical experience with AWS IAM design
- Deep and broad knowledge of AWS services and experience building solutions on the public clouds
- Strong understanding and hands-on expertise in designing and running large scale cloud networking
- Deep and broad general IT knowledge as well as hands-on experience in different areas such as networking, infrastructure, security, solutions architecture and design, OS (Linux/Windows), common protocols and services, identity and access management, automation, troubleshooting, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration, cloud interoperability, cloud disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the cloud on a large scale
Essential soft skills:
- Dev background is a huge plus
- Experience with setup and management of a software defined network, storage and compute and proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service deployment
We're here to help
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Able to work under tight timelines and deliver on complex problems
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced environment within Agile processes
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.