Title: Senior Client Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
Requisition ID: 92140
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Commercial Banking is looking for a dynamic self-starter who embraces a team environment and shares our passion for helping Canadian businesses achieve their goals to join our Distribution team as a Senior Client Relationship Manager.
Our Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice and a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team members with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment.
If you have a winning mindset and are proactive, resourceful and committed to profitable growth and delivering an exceptional client experience, we invite you to consider this position.
As a Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will:
- Proactively acquire new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients' needs and asking for business and referrals
- Deepen client relationships by providing proactive advice and solutions, being a client champion, leveraging partners and promoting cross sell
- Make it easy for customers to do business with Scotiabank by bringing the Bank to the customer and providing fast turnaround times
Performance objectives for this role reward planned and advice-based portfolio management of moderately complex Commercial relationships ($15MM - $75MM client annual revenue). You are responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer experience, cross sell, new client acquisition, credit underwriting and compliance, revenue growth and referral activities. You have a passion for understanding clients' businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in business or economics or equivalent work experience
- 2 - 5 years of commercial banking experience in a relationship manager position
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Commercial Banking marketplace
- Advanced credit skills with analysis and completion of credit applications and presentations
- Expert sales/closing skills
- Advanced portfolio management skills, including proven ability to execute sales activities and manage sales pipeline
- Developed ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed relationship building and teamwork skills
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with Salesforce an asset
This position reports to Director & Group Lead, Client Relationships (Mid-Market).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : London
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Underwriter, Developer, Web Design, Finance, Insurance, Technology, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance