Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies. Join our team
Our team supports systems for Digital Experience and Marketing and works with our business partners to drive continuous innovation to keep up with the fast paced demand of our industry. This includes critical systems such as TELUS Rewards and Repair Programs, APIs for all customer management activities, new product and pricing launches and a centralized platform for managing marketing journeys and communications with our customers. We are in the heart of most TELUS activities, and get a lot of opportunity to support and deliver strategic initiatives that makes us the best carrier in Canada!
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst you will leverage your technical and business acumen to help drive innovation as the team transforms all of our applications to be cloud-enabled, while also maturing our agile practices and to adopt DevOps. The success factor of this transformation will be focused on driving towards a modern and resilient architecture, maximize automation through the entire development cycle and mature observability practices. Here's how
• Being the face of the team, the BSA will be involved from beginning to end, and have many opportunities to influence the business and system roadmaps and ensure we stay aligned to corporate mandates on resiliency and modernization. Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Collaborate with business partners'/product owners on a regular basis to discuss requirements and impact assessment related to programs and strategies.
• Partner with architects and developers to analyze and design a solution that can be delivered to support the required features.
• Establish, review, negotiate and advise on timelines for features and capability releases and projects.
• Help remove barriers and deal with conflicting priorities, production defects, issues, risks, dependencies and change.
• Partner extensively with multiple stakeholders and enablement teams, ensuring all deliverables contribute to an integrated end-to-end solution while protecting the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
• Assist your reporting team manager with identify process issues and impediments & financial management.
• Help drive maturity in change management practices and process automation.
• Support & enforce the Scrum process and other rules that the team has agreed upon.
• Promote SAFe® quality practices and help foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
• Valued for your 5+ years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst / Technical Project Management role Great-to-haves
• Valued for your 3+ years of experience in an agile development environment using JIRA, Confluence and Jenkins
• Skilled in understanding and communicating architectural design patterns/decisions
• Talented at defining non-functional requirements for functional features and have a proven track record of writing technical requirements
• Expert understanding of Product Ownership, including user story creation, estimating, and planning
• Confident with DevOps ideas and tools such as Docker, Jenkins, or similar alternatives
• Experienced with containerized cloud-based environments such as Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes. OpenShift, Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Responsive Web Development and Node.js/React, or similar alternatives
• Distinguished for being a strong team player with an interest in taking on new challenges and are proficient working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Recognized as a self-starter, motivated to drive effective decisions when it comes to developing and implementing solutions to complex problems
• With a knack for excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills with the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders and able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
• With a university degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Management
• Certified Scrum Master, with experience on an Agile Delivery team
• Experience leading human change management initiatives Who is TELUS?
• PMP Certification or ITIL Certification
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.