Requisition ID: 153448
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Senior Business Systems Analyst role intersects business, technology, and user requirements. With a focus on systems that support MDPIC advisors and operations, the Senior Business Systems Analyst role works to maximize the business value of advisor and operation applications. This role focuses on the support of the MDPIC business and its systems. Efforts centre on the optimization of systems and their usage to achieve strategic, enterprise goals while at the same time maximizing return on investment. To meet this end, the Senior Business Systems Analyst collaborates with business stakeholders to elicit requirements which are coupled with enterprise goals and industry trends into an actionable product roadmap.
You should have business and process analysis expertise and will collaborate with end users and other stakeholder groups, as well as their team, to ensure that feedback is baked into the evolution of the product. This position works closely with product owners in the planning and direction of the requirements phase of product feature implementations. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You will support the MDPIC business gathering requirements and supporting operational management of related MDPIC systems including Cornerstone, Open Advantage, RevPort and Correlate.
- Assessment and prioritization of product backlogs to include required new features, refactoring of existing features and backlogged defects
- Act as advisor on practices and/or operational processes and seek out opportunities for process improvements that could be facilitated by system enhancements
- Coordinate stakeholder input to elicit feedback for product enhancements to bring into the product backlog
- Collaborate with stakeholders to breakdown larger projects into more granular, prioritized components that may be released individually
- Work with stakeholders and team to articulate business requirements to support development, QA and change management activities for new product feature implementation
- Coordinate with other delivery teams including but not limited to Release Management, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, QA, Deployment Management, Security and Defect Management in the execution of projects or smaller release vehicles
- Work closely with the application development and the quality assurance team members during all stages of the system development life cycle and bridge the gap between business and technology sides of the solution
- Coordinate and assist users during user acceptance testing cycle where required
What's in it for you?
- A minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience is necessary to perform this job at an acceptable level
- Experience working on large program/project initiatives with technology and/or technology components is required
- Prior experience in financial services an asset
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria for when you expect to work onsite
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Investment Banking, Systems Analyst, Quality Assurance, Application Developer, QA, Finance, Technology, Quality
Banking, Finance and Insurance