Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Business Application Ownership and Management at TD is part of an enterprise-wide data and analytics ecosystem. We strive to be the better bank, and in this role, we'll count on you to be our interface between business and technology.
We're looking for highly analytical, collaborative and agile professionals who can merge and translate data to build business momentum and deliver results.
Using professional and experiential knowledge, the Business Application Ownership and Management team works in close partnership with corporate functions and technology, as well as aligns to project management, business analysis, business management, strategy and governance.
If you get business application management, its potential and power, we think you'll love working with like-minded and innovative experts at TD, where you can help drive the business forward and take your own career to new heights. Job Description
Are you a conceptual and analytical thinker, comfortable working solo or together with a team? Are your leadership abilities emerging and ready to embrace bigger challenges? In this expert level professional role, you will lead specialized business application management activities for a designated functional area. You'll plan, manage and lead the team for gathering requirements for key projects and programs, supporting application change through the application lifecycle.
- Lead requirements management on project(s) which are based on complexity, size and budget as defined by the project governance levels
- Provide leadership / guidance and support in defining the business need or problem statement based on strategic drivers and identifying potential solutions
- Facilitate and follow a structured approach (PDLC/Agile) to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and manage business requirements with stakeholders by applying a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand requirements according to the requirements management discipline
- Identify, document and validate current state processes and work with the business and stakeholders to design the desired future state
- Establish and maintain full requirements traceability and work with the business to prioritize requirements and scope changes to ensure business needs are met
- Collaborate with technology partners and provide recommendations to support development of system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts/deliverables to ensure business needs are met
- Ensure project issues and concerns are addressed for clear articulation of business requirements (eg. Business Systems Analyst)
- Proactively identify and track requirements risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, constraints and anticipate and effectively manage risks related to requirements. Align decisions to TD's risk appetite
- Develop mitigation plans or lead/contribute to the completion of necessary compliance/new process assessment templates
- Contribute to QA activities by supporting the development of test scripts and testing of developed solutions, including communication of issues and resolution
- Adhere to Enterprise project governance controls to ensure projects meet all performance, quality and compliance standards and conforms to appropriate disciplines
- Contribute to the development of the project plan and high-level work breakout session (WBS), identify and manage key risks and decisions
- Own and complete relevant work packages through collaboration with multiple stakeholders to prepare for operational readiness, managing deadlines and adjusting to changing work priorities
- Take ownership and communicate progress on work packages, including requirements management, in a concise and timely manner, escalating issues to project manager, partners and manager where appropriate
- Forecast, define and manage the requirements effort including cost and timeline
- Support the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) with vendors if required
- Contribute to the development of the seed funding request by ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated and risks are identified
- Provide expert technical knowledge of applications management, supported by the team, in relation to system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules
- Document all business-owned artifacts that are required for projects and major initiatives under TD's Project Delivery Lifecycle (PDLC) and Agile methodologies
- Provide day-to-day operations process management to ensure delivery according to service level agreements; provide support on deployment and initiatives related to owned/managed applications
- Support Business Acceptance Test (BAT) documentation, working closely with Test Lead, adhering to PDLC and Bank's Data Governance Framework
- Raise issues, provide feedback and keep team informed and up to date about project status
Share your most relevant experience, credentials and knowledge for this role, as well as these essential requirements and attributes:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
- Five (5) or more years relevant business analysis experience
- Expert knowledge of business-supported applications and PDLC/Agile methodology along with policies, procedures and practices, competitors and market trends
- Proficiency in using analytical software tools, MS Office, process modeling, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
- Ardent to work multi-functionally and independently, communicate (both speaking and writing), provide direction or assistance and build positive working relationships across teams and functions through strong analytical and problem-solving skills
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.