Requisition ID: 119129
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The G20 Regulatory Support team consists of professionals with in-depth knowledge of the business and IT systems. This team is in charge of providing Production Support to G20 regulatory reporting which includes the CSA, Dodd-Frank, APAC, and EMIR regulations.
As a business analyst, the incumbent must possess a good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and keep current with rapidly changing technology to effectively apply technology to the solution of a business problem. This knowledge should be also applied to assist the Director or Sr. Manager in establishing future technological directions for the regulatory reporting workflows. Key Job Accountabilities:
Skills,Experiences and Functional Competencies:
- Assist the Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of Global Wholesale Operations group and Compliance, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide business support to Operations and Compliance group, including ad hoc queries, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user groups.
Education and Other Requirements:
- The incumbent must have previous experience in Capital markets and a very good knowledge of financial instruments, ranging from derivative products to foreign exchange, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, the workflows among the Front Office, Compliance and risk management.
- The incumbent must be a creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex business problems.
- Further, the incumbent must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively work with end users and members of a project team. The incumbent is expected to use diplomacy, judgement, and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from departments involved in a project.
- The incumbent must also possess a good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and keep current with rapidly changing technology to effectively apply technology to the solution of a business problem. This knowledge should be also applied to assist the Director or Sr. Manager in establishing future technological directions for the area.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in business, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline.
- An understanding of the Bank's application system and software from a business/technical viewpoint is required in order to assess the impact of development and/or changes to the overall data processing environment.
- Working knowledge of Agile Project Management, Risk Management and Change Management skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of SQL, JIRA, Confluence is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Business Analyst, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance