55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & ReportingSenior Analyst, Canadian Card SolutionsThere's Never been a better time to be part of BMO
We've set our sights on being the bank that defines great customer experience. Our customers' needs are changing and so are we.
Everyone who works here has a role to play in making a difference for our customers. Every day.
It's an amazing feeling when you know you're making a customer's life better, and you can do it at BMO - whether you're imagining a new product, designing a customer experience, streamlining an application, launching a marketing campaign or just being there in a very human way with the right answer.Department Overview
North American Retail Payments is the largest Mastercard Issuer in Canada. BMO Consumer and Business credit cards are distributed nationally, leveraging our retail distribution network, direct response changes and key co-brand & Affinity partnerships, including Airmiles. The Canadian Card Solutions team provides oversight of all strategic and run initiatives in addition to platform optimization in partnership with our key suppliers. This is an energized, diverse and fun team. If you want to experience Being BMO, help make customers' lives better, and have an incredible career, join our family.Description
The Senior Business Analyst will work with the various business and technology partners, and vendors, throughout the various project phases, including initiation, concept, analysis, development, testing and implementation.
The Senior Business Analyst will be accountable to plan, manage, lead and oversee the end-to-end delivery of requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project in alignment with the business and/or enterprise needs and strategies.
As a Senior Business Analyst, the successful candidate will be expected to have a broad and comprehensive working knowledge of the Requirements Management Life Cycle and a good understand of Project Delivery Life Cycle. The incumbent will also be expected to have a solid working knowledge of the TS2 platform (credit card transaction system).
The Senior Business Analyst collaborates with the project team members and business partners to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design, from which Development and/or Configuration is required. The incumbent interacts closely with the various stakeholders within the business such as the T&O, P&C Product, Risk and Fraud groups when approving the various TSYS project components that will focus on Canada Consumer but may include US Consumer and/or US/CAN Commercial. The incumbent also works closely with the QA or UAT Test Team ensuring that the quality of the development meets the banks expectations.Key Accountabilities
- Initiate and lead impact assessment and identifies key stakeholders who are responsible for assessing the impacts of the release (and financial impacts if applicable).
- Identify potential downstream impacts to other internal systems of vendors, ensuring applicable stakeholders are identified and engaged on the project.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the request objectives.
- Lead the Configuration system design of new and changed products and conduct business impact assessment (BIA) in partnership with the team and other stakeholders. Engage and/or work with Solutions Architect as required.
- Documents, reviews, submit, and validate all documentation received from all supplier groups, and communicate applicable information back Leadership, Business Requestor and key stakeholders.
- Provides clarification of requirements and functionality to be delivered to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the testing team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan)
- Participates in the validation of the testing output including First Occurrence Validation to ensure it meets the requirements of the business.
- Properly documents and tracks issues, resolution, in applicable artifacts. Keeps accurate artifacts, approvals, etc. in applicable tracker/logs/workflows tools.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are obtained, documents reviewed by BMO participants governing regulatory compliance and that changes are implemented as needed to remain compliant with all current regulations - escalating issues as needed to the team or project lead.
This position requires strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills. The chosen candidate must be a mature individual who is able to work with minimal supervision, contribute to a positive work environment, and manage multiple assignments with competing priorities successfully.Knowledge
- Possesses a university degree and/or 4 to 6 years relevant work experience
- Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
- Possesses solid business knowledge in the Finance, Banking, Payments Industry
We're here to help
- In depth knowledge of TS2 system, and other peripheral systems
- Strong ability, and proficient in soliciting and gathering business requirements
- Strong understanding of Card issuance, replacement and design attributes
- Good knowledge of regulatory compliance environment in Canada
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent documentation abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple/simultaneous projects while meeting tight timelines
- Ability to manage Large and Complex projects spanning across multiple system applications
- Solid knowledge of project life cycles and practices
- Strong understanding of the Vendor Project Mythologies (CLM, TSDM)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
- Knowledge of SharePoint
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.