250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
A centralized Enterprise Provisioning Utility (EPU) has been established with TORIC (Technology & Operations Risk Internal Controls) with the aim to consolidate, streamline and simplify user access and provisioning practices in the bank as well as ensure alignment with Identity Access Management (IAM) policy guidelines. To achieve the objectives of the centralized EPU, the User Provisioning Consolidation (UPC) project is currently underway which will consolidate the end-to end-provisioning function.
Our team of Business Analysts are responsible for reaching out to stakeholders in the bank and engaging them in conversations to transition the end to end provisioning functions of all applications with in the BMO Financial Group under Enterprise Provisioning Utility (EPU).
The Business Analysts, who make up the Business Integration Team, will lead the kick off meetings, review intake form(s) to identify FTE, understand and develop high-level requirements, organize demo session(s) with focal point(s) and verify the information provided to them. The team is responsible for creating the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents in MS Word, process details and maps in MS Excel and Visio and obtain concurrence / feedback from UPC subject matter experts and provisioning managers
The Key priorities for this role:
- Work with business stakeholders to transition user access and provisioning activities into the centralized unit
- Participate in kick off meetings, review/complete Intake form(s) to identify FTE, understand and develop high-level requirements, organize demo session(s) with focal point(s) and verify timing with the information provided with the Intake and FTE calculation
- Create/ Amend Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents in MS Word, process details and maps in MS Excel and Visio and obtain concurrence / feedback from TORIC subject matter experts
- Create an RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) document . This is a document that explains who will be responsible for each/every part of provisioning.
- Communicate overall progress of the initiative to Business Integration Manager, and/or the Director or/and other teams at regular intervals and Track and monitor the activities at all times
- For any application that is guided by Policy; identify policy, work collaboratively with Policy Owner, discuss the OCM (Operations Change Management) and the rest of TORIC participants to determine impacts to Provisioning process
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and, recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Manages complexity across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem solving ability of various complexities.
- Develops innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Contributes to the development of the seed funding request by ensuring project scope and benefits are clearly articulated and risks are identified.
- Enables groups to successfully accept changes by informing stakeholders of their implications; recommends actions as appropriate.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior leaders.
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity.
- Audits the quality of reports submitted by analysts and provides related coaching and support.
- Supports the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) with vendors if required.
- Leads the preparation of end user reference materials and prepares end-user training materials.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Ensures system specifications meet expectations/requirements, and negotiates solutions.
- Creates documentation to ensure the supportability of analyses.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and "cleans" data, and reviews computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and devises new ways of applying them.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen business analysis capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
We're here to help
- 5- 7 years of relevant Business Analyst experience
- The role requires experience with gathering data and prepare internal documents to list findings/results
- Strong experience with Microsoft Word, and MS Excel
- Good experience with Visio
- Ideally, experience with financial institutions
- Strong time management skills
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the 'Feasibility,' 'Requirements," and 'Analysis' phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.