100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Supports business and technology partners to help create a culture where data is managed as a valuable corporate asset. Develops, maintains, and monitors data governance processes and tools to improve and maintain the quality of BMO data and reduce overall data risk. Develops and implements integrated roadmap to guide the review, design, implementation, and ongoing operation of data governance practices and data management processes in alignment with Enterprise Data Governance Operating Directive in applicable areas of the organization. Facilitates input and influences business and technology stakeholders in the aspects of data governance, provides guidance to design and implementation teams on interpretation of enterprise data governance guidelines, and maintains alignment between data governance practices and the data strategy.
We're here to help
- Monitors and reports on data management requirements and compliance issues, impacts and resolution status.
- Acts as a trusted advisor on data governance and data management matters.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the assessment, root cause analysis, and formulating proposed solutions/remediation strategies for review and approval.
- Escalates data and compliance issues.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Leads the identification, analysis and resolution of issues, recommending appropriate solutions.
- Leads working groups to identify opportunities and formulate.
- Develops stakeholder communications and training in support of data management process implementation.
- Supports and governs a data governance implementation road map including strategic priorities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify business requirements and opportunities for improved data management.
- Conducts needs assessments, identifies gaps and provides suggestions to improve and streamline data governance & management processes based on operational insights.
- Maintains Data Quality governance, guidelines, and standards. Validates and monitors compliance and effectiveness of data management processes.
- Implements, maintains and reviews processes to ensure quality and integrity of data and ensure compliance with Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging about data governance; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Supports the resolution of data issues by coordinating stakeholders in the information chain.
- Leads working groups to identify opportunities and formulate recommendations for improving enterprise data governance capabilities and processes, and work with applicable parties to plan, design and implement approved recommendations.
- Performs quality assurance activities to ensure handling, storage, and collection of data complies with Bank Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Defines, implements, and documents data quality measures and provides guidance on how data governance may translate to business processes.
- Mentors employees to foster professional development.
- Supports the management of BMO's data as a key asset that facilitates effective decision making.
- Contributes to the development of data strategies and data governance policies, procedures and processes.
- Performs database and application tuning and capacity planning in order to verify that the business requirements are met within the SLA (Service Level Agreement) and standards.
- Develops data solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of data solutions.
- Identifies and implements the optimum means to collect, process, analyze and report on information and ensure ongoing accuracy, integrity and security.
- Participates in the timely resolution of operating/technical problems or manages escalation with other BMO technical groups.
- Assists in the identification of change impacts through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Provides support to projects and/or manages operational changes including supporting Technology with the validation and testing of enterprise managed systems.
- Provides support on data management process implementation and sustainment activities to ensure stakeholder awareness and adoption of data governance in work including but not limited to development of business tools, end use procedure documentation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Power BI and Spotfire nice to have
- Knowledge in working with SQL, Python, Java and C/C++.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing