Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Business Management, Strategy and Governance
covers all TD business management, governance and control functions. Business and technology groups naturally team up to support a technology function leader or a segment CIO, with overall effectiveness as their guiding force. Experts focus on four main areas: 1. Business Performance, Financial and Technology Strategy, Planning & Coordination 2. Operational Effectiveness 3. Portfolio Program & Project Governance and Oversight, and 4. Business Governance and Controls.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead a significant business management function and hold accountability for strategy planning, oversight, control or governance activities involving highly complex, high-risk, transformational and strategic initiatives. You will liaise and influence across the organization and have significant exposure to and interaction with executives and functional stakeholders enterprise-wide.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Help shape TD's business management function's strategic direction by bringing strategies to life in support of TD's overall business vision.
- Plan, lead, manage and/or oversee a diverse set of activities and integrated them effectively across multiple functional areas.
- Share your subject matter expertise by contributing to complex, wide-ranging enterprise-wide, cross-function or business-specific projects and initiatives and play an instrumental role in identifying, designing and testing solutions and supporting their implementation.
- Grow as a thought leader, encourage and facilitate discussion with executive audiences (with outputs which may include: roadmap, strategic plan/deliverables/frameworks, short- and long-term goals).
- Pinpoint issues, seize opportunity, know the trends and provide specialized business management advice to senior management and respective teams (plus raise industry, external and internal, enterprise and business awareness).
- Advocate for and manage relationships with corporate and control functions.
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure an in alignment with risk appetite.
- Assess, identify and escalate key issues appropriately, recommend actions.
- Respect enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to business management activities.
- Ensure business operations comply with internal and external requirements (e.g. financial controls, duty segregation, transaction approvals, and physical asset control).
- Own your reputation as a subject matter expert by identifying risk and providing guidance for complex situations.
- Drive relevant governance meetings or committees and related deliverables and outcomes.
- Lead, facilitate or actively generate action and remediation plans that address performance, risk and governance issues.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Ability to assume accountability for a significant business management area that typically has enterprise-wide impact or accountability.
- Enterprise or functional expertise, which requires broad managerial and deep specialized knowledge at the business, regulatory and industry levels.
- Confidence and ability to undertake and complete a variety of complex initiatives (may manage and prioritize multiple projects at a given time) that require seasoned specialist knowledge and/or the integration of cross-functional processes (focus may be on longer-range planning for functional area (e.g. 12 months or greater).
- Thought leadership and/or industry knowledge specific (but not limited to) your own area of expertise.
- Strength in working directly with senior and executive management.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.